The Programme Finance Advisor is the primary focal point for Country Offices for issues related to accountancy, finance, and grant management. You ensure internal policies and regulations are well understood and applied in Country offices. Through your support, capacity of Country finance teams is strengthened. You ensure the timely and appropriate reporting of in country trends, financial and grants, to your counterparts in Programmes and for monthly reporting.
• Review and validate the monthly financial reporting package from country offices, (balance sheet reconciliations, cost allocation to Restricted and Unrestricted grants, intercompany transactions, FX Revaluation, completeness of the submission), provide feedback on necessary corrections and ensure these are actioned by the country finance team.
• Verify accuracy and correctness of country monthly cash requests, collect the required validation to allow London finance team and Head of Finance to process the payment.
• Review the monthly BVA from the country teams, together with the Programme team in London, looking at variances, burn rate, and project cash flow, identifying and advising the Country team on actions to be taken.
• Analyse and consolidate country finances and grant management each month, and present to the SMT, highlighting delays, risks and advise on appropriate action to be taken.
• Inform the Programme and Funding teams and the Finance Manager and Country Director on donor financial requirements at any stage of grant management, from proposal to final reporting.
• Revise grant financial reports, sign off intermediate reports and submit the final financial report to the Programme Finance Manager for sign off.
• Review budgets for new proposals, ensuring appropriateness of cost recovery, coherence with log frame, respect of specific donor requirement and WCUK internal parameters for Budgeting. Provide necessary feedback and request corrections to the Country Team, ensuring they are properly addressed. Prepare the Budget summary including potential risks, to the Programme Finance Manager for action and sign off.
• Collaborate with country directors and country finance mangers on the development of the annual country budget, and ensure guidelines and priorities set by SMT are addressed. Ensure the coherency, the accuracy and correctness of the Annual budget calculation, prepare the summary and highlights for the Programme Finance Manager’s final revision before consolidation.
• Induct new country finance team members, and provide day to day coaching, technical support and trouble shooting in the use of the WCUK financial system, tools, procedure and policies.
• Ensure that country teams adhere to organisational financial policies & procedures by sharing best practice, raising breaches of policy with senior colleagues when appropriate, and highlighting needs for improvement.
• Periodically travel to War Child country offices to deliver direct support to the finance team.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.