This role will support the overall implementation of War Child’s reintegration thought leadership pillar through convening and leading key stakeholders internally to develop thought leadership, advocacy and programmatic strategies built on operational themes such as a focus on women/girls, engaging youth and communities. The postholder will exploit influencing opportunities, develop programmatic strategies and tools and support our fundraising for thought leadership in reintegration.
• Experienced at leading on the development of policy and advocacy in key areas on child rights and protection, at convening and leading key stakeholders in the development of joint policy positions and strategies, and at being the ‘go-to’ person on these issues in an organisation.
• Experience of operating programmes in and willingness to travel to conflict affected countries
• Experienced in developing tools and methodologies to support practical implementation
• A specialist on CAAFAG reintegration, children’s rights, and development with extensive experience implementing reintegration programming on a country-level
• Capable of distilling complex research and information into priority policy recommendations and advocacy asks that are clear, concise, and evidence based. Able to navigate complex policy issues competently and diplomatically – proposing solutions and recommendations that advance an agenda and gain respect externally
• Demonstrated ability to monitor policy application and compliance, including ability to take corrective action.
• Experienced in managing budgets and proven track record in applying financial management requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate annual planning and strategy development processes.
• Experience of successful advocacy with institutional donors and in securing multi-year donor funding.
• Confidence in dealing with people at all levels and ability to influence senior management, as well as external partners and agencies.
• Able to commission and conduct qualitative and quantitative research, critically analyzing research results, and developing robust, impactful policy recommendations including practical tools to strengthen implementation, on the back of them
• Adept at developing intelligent and targeted advocacy strategies that respond to the political and public environment and influence decision-makers to pursue political and policy changes
• Capable at developing positive, collaborative, and productive working relationships with a range of colleagues and internal functions
• Advanced degree or equivalent experience
• French and English speaker