We are Water & Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP), a not-for-profit that helps transform cities to benefit the millions who lack access to water and sanitation.
Established in 2005, we work alongside local providers to enable them to develop services, build infrastructure and attract funding so that they can reach low-income communities.
We are now looking for a Systems Accountant to join us in London and oversee and develop our finance systems.
- Salary of £35,815 - £38,053 per annum
- Collaborative and engaging work environment
- Up to 5% matched pension contribution
- 25 days' holiday
If you are a part qualified accountant with accounts systems administration experience, this is a brilliant opportunity to have a significant impact on the operations of a leading organisation.
Our Finance function is currently centralised and we plan to decentralise this over our next business plan period (2020 – 2025). This will provide more responsibility and autonomy within our framework, which in turn, will enable us to achieve even more.
You will have the chance to play an incremental role in this process and make a huge difference to our organisation as a whole.
As a Systems Accountant, you will support our financial processes and manage our online purchase requisition system (IPOS) and finance system (SUN).
Reporting to the Finance Controller, you will ensure financial information is posted and available to the organisation by providing Systems Administrator support to the Finance Team.
You will oversee and develop our financial systems so they are fit-for-purpose and ensure that key financial information is correctly inputted into systems.
Additionally, you will:
- Liaise with WSUP’s IT management (People and Support team) and external IT providers to ensure platforms are appropriate to support the operation of finance systems
- Analyse the purposes and uses of time and wages data within WSUP’s global finance system to ensure that time can be planned and monitored
- Post all recharges to the SUN accounting system
- Reconcile all wage-related control accounts
To join us as a Systems Accountant, you will need:
- To be a part qualified accountant (CCAB or equivalent)
- Accounting systems administration experience
- Previous experience of proactively examining processes and identifying ways to improve, automate or otherwise extract efficiency
- A track record of successfully integrating finance systems with other in-house systems
- Experience of working with overseas currencies
- Previous experience of impact assessments and testing systems
- Experience with accounting software
Other organisations may call this role Part Qualified Accountant, Accountant, Management Accountant, Financial Accountant, or Financial Systems Accountant.
Webrecruit and WSUP are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to make a difference as a Systems Accountant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.