Do you believe in the power of data? Can you unlock untold stories hidden within data and uncover new truths that others cannot find? And do you want to use your powers for good?
Then why not join WaterAid as our Business Insight Manager (equivalent to Analytics Manager) and play a vital role in ensuring that everyone, everywhere has access to clean water, a decent toilet and good hygiene?
As WaterAid's Business Insight Manager you will lead a team uncovering insights from data and providing the strategic recommendations that will help us to accelerate progress in our mission. On top of that you'll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The WaterAid Business Insight team sits within the Performance and Insight Department and is focused on using data visualisation, advanced analytics and predictive modelling to extract insight from raw data and using that insight to inform and influence the organisation's decision making at all levels.
As our inspirational and influential Business Insight Manager you will work closely with senior leadership to understand key business challenges and design reporting and analysis projects to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimisation opportunities across the organisation.
How to Apply:
Join us to change normal for good - apply today. To see the full job pack, please click 'Apply'. Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter into the same document in either Word Document or PDF format.
Applications will close 23:59 on 16/01/2022. Interviews will commence from the beginning of January via video call on Microsoft Teams. Shortlisting and interviews will take place on a rolling basis, as applications come in.
In this role, you will provide influential leadership to the Business Insight Analysts and Digital Analyst as well as ensuring that insight gained from the team's analytics and reporting efforts is effectively translated into strategic recommendations to inform decision making across the WaterAid federation.
* Work closely with teams across the WaterAid federation to understand their strategies, plans and needs to develop insightful reporting and analysis;
* Take responsibility for the provision of reporting, data-driven analysis and predictive modelling to the organisation and its external agencies both through your own work and the work of the team;
* Develop predictive models to improve forecasting capabilities in teams across Communications & Fundraising and advise on the use of these models to inform marketing strategies;
* Influence senior colleagues, ensuring that all key strategic decisions being made within the organisation are data-informed and insight-led.
To be successful, you'll need:
* Experience in a leadership role, ideally as an Analytics Manager - leading, motivating, developing, inspiring and mentoring individuals;
* Ability to design meaningful analysis that can deliver business value based on a thorough understanding of the organisation's goals;
* Ability to influence the decision making of senior leaders through compelling and articulate communication of evidence-backed insight;
* Extensive experience writing SQL queries.
Salary: ??£41,600 - £43,800 (subject to experience) with excellent benefits:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Wide range of flexible and agile-working arrangements
- Season Ticket
- Loan Free annual eye tests
- Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave
- Volunteer Day
WaterAid is located in Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base. WaterAid is open and supportive of flexibility. We are currently defining our approach to hybrid working. The right balance between office and home-based working should be agreed with your line manager. Your flexibility requirements and that of the role will be discussed at the interview stage with you.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct.
We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us at [email protected]