Want to use your skills in graphic design to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as our Designer to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you'll be joining a 2018 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The WaterAid Brand and Editorial team that you'll join creates sector-leading brand assets, editorial and design content for WaterAid teams in the UK and globally, to build brand love with our key audiences.
As our creative and organised Designer you will work with our Senior Designer to ensure the impact of our visual identity across all touchpoints, taking into account audience insight and the objective of each communication, and support the production of high-quality graphic designs for various teams.
This is a full time, permanent role.
In this role, you will produce relevant and engaging concepts, visuals, layouts and final artwork, and throughout apply our visual identity creatively and consistently across a range of touchpoints, both print and digital.
To achieve this you will:
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and internal clients to find appropriate solutions.
- Help evolve our visual identity in response to new opportunities and changing needs.
- Work to briefs, deadlines and quality standards as provided by our Senior Designer and Brand and Editorial Manager.
Graduate qualification in graphic design or equivalent experience, with a minimum one years' experience of applying a visual identity creatively and consistently across a range of touchpoints, both in print and digitally.
To be successful, you'll need:
- Excellent all round design skills and ability in all Adobe Creative Cloud software, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Demonstrable ability to flex a visual identity across different audiences and formats, while retaining the core brand.
- Able to come up with relevant design ideas and communicate them clearly,
To see the full job pack, please click 'Apply'
Please apply by submitting your CV, portfolio (or link to portfolio) and a cover letter in either Word Document or PDF format in ONE DOCUMENT.
Applications will close one minute before midnight on 06 November 2019. Availability for interview is required 19 or 20 November 2019 for the first interview and 25 November 2019 for a second interview.
Salary: £22,100 with excellent benefits.
WaterAid benefits include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave A generous pension plan with an employer contribution of up to 10%
- Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free annual eye tests
- Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave.
- Volunteer Day
WaterAid is currently located at Durham Street, Vauxhall. However, we will be leaving our current location in the summer of 2020. The new location is to be confirmed but will be within zone 1-2 in London. The recruiting line manager will discuss this with you at the interview stage.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
WaterAid is fully committed to protecting those with whom it comes into contact in WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.