Want to use your task orientated, people centric, facilities skills to help us deliver a professional, collaborative and fun work environment at WaterAid's London office? You will be playing a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere!
Join WaterAid as our new Facilities Co-ordinator where you will play an integral part in changing normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you'll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The WaterAid Property, Facilities and Reception team are a small (but high performing team) who make a big difference by ensuring the London office is a safe, engaging and inspiring place to work.
This is a fully office-based role, with a permanent full-time contract. The successful candidate is expected to be based in our office at Canary Wharf, London.
As our Facilities Co-ordinator you will support the Facilities Manager in making WaterAid a great place to work. Ensuring that the UK office is managed to a high standard and provides an efficient and agile working environment for staff to thrive in. You will be a pro-active, hands on member of the team who is people and task focussed and support the Reception team to ensure all front of house services are performed to a high standard.
* Support with the management of all onsite facilities and office-based services.
* Oversee daily/weekly health and safety checks.
* Carry out maintenance checks across the office, checking for problems and resolving were possible, or escalating.
* Support with managing onsite security including issuing and cancellation of all security ID passes and administration of our security data base.
* Support with the management of contractors and suppliers as required.
* Ensure a high level of housekeeping is achieved throughout the office.
* Oversee daily meeting room checks (including resetting of furniture), escalating issues as required to ensure resources are ready for use each day.
* Oversee weekly new starter inductions including locker allocation etc.
* Support the Reception Supervisor including covering the reception desk (adhoc only).
* Act as a First Aider and Fire Warden.
* Deputise for the Facilities Manager or Reception Supervisor if required.
To be successful, you'll need:
* A levels or equivalent (must have good command of English/grammar)
* Minimum 1 years' experience within office-based facilities management and/or experience of working on a facilities helpdesk
* Experience of health and safety management eg Fire, First Aid
* Strong IT skills, with good working knowledge of MS Software (i.e. Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook)
* Experience of and commitment to delivering excellent customer service
Salary: £22,160 to £23,300 subject to experience with excellent benefits
WaterAid benefits include:
* 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
* Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
* We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
* Wide range of flexible and agile-working arrangements
* Season Ticket Loan
* Free annual eye tests
* Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
* Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave.
* Volunteer Day
How to Apply:
To see the full job pack, please click 'Apply'. Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter into the same document in either Word Document or PDF format.
Applications will close 23:59 on 25/04/2021. Availability for interview is required w/c 03/05/2021.
WaterAid is currently located at Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base. Due to current restrictions on office capacity the majority of our staff are working from home. All aspects of this including how we are supporting homeworking and the office transition will be discussed at the interview stage with you.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us.