Want to use your skills in Financial Accounting to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as International Financial Accountant to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you'll be joining a 2018 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The WaterAid International Finance Team plays a key role in supporting all of our International Country Programmes. As our accounting expert, you will support Heads of Finance in Country Programmes to develop and maintain good financial control environments and to manage key financial risks appropriately.
Due to the nature of this role there will be some requirement to travel - see job pack for details.
In this role, you will work across the finance function and with other stakeholders to review, develop, enhance and embed effective financial processes as well as provide insights to UK office to understand where local deviation from the WaterAid standard is appropriate and desirable
* Support the Head of International Finance in the development and implementation of a global financial assurance programme;
* Be the lead regional contact (for two regions) on financial accounting and financial assurance issues, working closely with the Regional Management Accountant, Regional and Country Programme teams;
* Provide Heads of Finance in Country Programmes professional levels of support and advice on technical financial accounting issues, financial policies and processes and tools
* Identify and monitor high risk Country Programmes and emerging high-risk themes, advise and support the Country Programmes as they develop and implement risk management plans
* Provide induction, support, training and coaching to senior Country Programme finance staff
The role requires someone with a passion for financial accounting with a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA) or equivalent with significant post qualification experience.
To be successful, you'll need:
* A passion for making a difference
* To be systems savvy - accounting systems, MS Office including advanced excel skills
* To be highly analytical and methodical with great attention to detail
* To be a people person; highly inter-personal with great communication skills
* To have the ability to prioritise, work flexibly and adaptable with minimum supervision
Visit the WaterAid careers page for a full job pack.
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter into one document in either Word Document or PDF format.
Applications will close 23:59 on Sunday 2nd February 2020. Availability for interview on the 7th Feb (1st stage technical test) and 13th Feb (2nd stage interview) is required.
Salary: £42,000-£46,000 (subject to experience) with excellent benefits
WaterAid benefits include:
* 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
* Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
* We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
* Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
* Season Ticket Loan
* Free annual eye tests
* Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
* Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave.
* Volunteer Day
WaterAid is currently located at Durham Street, Vauxhall. However, we will be leaving our current location in the summer of 2020 (likely to be June/July 2020) and moving to 20 Canada Square, Canary Wharf. Therefore the London Office location and contract base, if you are successfully offered the role, will change. This will be discussed at the interview stage with you.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely serious. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.