Want to use your skills in organisation and support to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
WaterAid is looking for a Media Team Assistant to help our award winning media team for a six month fixed term opportunity. Your calm organisation, creative approach and good humour will help the team plan stand-out stunts, manage relationships with celebrity supporters, work on global media campaigns, help team members with their overseas travel and much, much more. Your work will be unpredictable, often fun, always hugely valued by the team and for the right candidate would offer a great chance for career development.
The WaterAid Global media team is always busy, juggling lots of different projects at the same time. Every day brings new challenges and we need a proactive and efficient Media Team assistant to help the team with a wide range of tasks from finding props for a media stunt to helping the team with overseas travel plans; liaising with celebrity agents to keeping our admin processes up to date; writing press releases to finding out what's new in the showbiz world.
To be successful, you'll need:
* Calm, approachable and open disposition.
* Proven experience of working in an administrative capacity preferably in a busy office environment.
* Excellent time management & ability to organise and prioritise a busy workload and to work to tight or conflicting deadlines.
* Good communication & listening skills, the ability to network and form effective relationships with a variety of groups and individuals.
* Resilience to deal with difficult situations when these arise including effective management of stakeholder/ team expectations and needs.
* Self-starter, ability to problem solve and demonstrate a confident and can-do attitude
* Ability to work effectively on own initiative as well as part of a team
WaterAid benefits include:
* 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
* Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
* We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
* Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
* Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption/Surrogacy pay
* Season Ticket Loan
To see the full job pack, please click ApplyPlease apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in either Word Document or PDF.
Shortlisting and interviews may take place on a rolling basis and the application process will close if a suitable candidate is found prior to the advertised closing date.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Applications will close one minute before midnight on the 28th August. Availability for interview is required w/c 3rd September.
WaterAid is currently located at Durham Street, Vauxhall. However, we will be leaving our current location in the summer of 2020. The new location is to be confirmed but will be within zone 1-2 in London. The recruiting line manager will discuss this with you at the interview stage.
WaterAid is fully committed to protecting those with whom it comes into contact in WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained. WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.