Want to use your well-honed PA skills to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as PA in Comms and Fundraising to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you'll be joining a 2018 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The WaterAid Strategic Partnerships and Performance and Insight teams will ensure no two days are the same. As our super-organised and lively PA, you will provide professional secretarial support to two Departmental Heads and members of their teams.
This is a permanent, full time role.
In this role, you will support your Department Heads to enable them to be effective and efficient in their roles as well as coordinating the effective functioning of the SP & P&I departments
- Proactively manage the HoDs' diaries, including forward planning of workload, travel arrangements, and diary management.
- Assist in the research and preparation of reports and presentations for internal and external meetings
- Assist other members of the team as required
- Project manage the recruitment, induction, and performance review processes of SMT members in SP & P&I
- Manage and maintain relevant departmental worksites on WaterAid's Intranet including sharepoint, yammer etc
- Support the monitoring and administration of the departments' budgets and accounts, processing invoices and expenses for the HoDs
- At least GCSE-level English and Maths.
- Proven successful track record of being a PA to Senior leaders and their teams in a complex organisation.
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- A flexible and pro-active approach to work including the ability to identify and manage multiple and constantly changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to negotiate and navigate deadlines and priorities.
- Digitally literate with excellent IT skills, particularly for setting up and supporting virtual meetings, creating engaging presentations and effectively using Microsoft Office tools such as Office 365, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
To be successful, you'll need:
* Commitment to WaterAid's values and a working style that reflects these
* To be a career driven PA who wants to make this role their own
* Calm, positive and outgoing with excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
* The ability to deal with people at all levels of the organisation with confidence and discretion;
To see the full job pack, please click "Apply"
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter into one document in either Word Document or PDF.
Applications will close one minute before midnight on 26th January 2020. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis. First round of interviews will take place on the 29th January, followed by the second round w/c 3rd February.
Salary: £29,000 with excellent benefits
WaterAid benefits include:
* 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
* Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
* We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
* Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
* Season Ticket Loan
* Free annual eye tests
* Pay as You Earn training scheme
* Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
WaterAid is currently located at Durham Street, Vauxhall. However, we will be leaving our current location in the summer of 2020 (likely to be June/July 2020) and moving to 20 Canada Square, Canary Wharf. Therefore the London Office location and contract base, if you are successfully offered the role, will change. This will be discussed at the interview stage with you.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
WaterAid is fully committed to protecting those with whom it comes into contact in WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.