Want to use your exceptional administration and organisation skills to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as People Team Administrator to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you'll be joining a 2018 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The WaterAid People and Organisational Development Department leads on our people strategies across WaterAid globally and is made up of three teams: Leadership and Engagement, International People Management and UK People Management.
As our super organised and detail orientated People Team Administrator you will provide excellent administration support to the Director and the Leadership and Engagement Team and contribute to the overall effectiveness of the People Team.
This role is full time, fixed term for 12 months with the possibility of extension and based in London.
In this role you will:
* Provide administration support for the Director's daily schedule, including desk booking, book meetings and rooms, prepare paperwork and materials, and support virtual meetings
* Support administration and logistics for face to face and virtual meetings, away days, inductions and learning and development programmes
* Draft emails and letters, prepare presentations and papers for meetings and events, and maintain effective filing systems
* Support arrangements for meetings, away-days and other team building events for the People & Organisational Development Team, helping to maintain high levels of engagement and a fun and positive working environment
* Provide administration of our learning managing system The Learning Hub, including managing users and people data.
To be successful, you'll need to be brilliantly organised and motivated by the desire to support others to be effective and efficient in their work.
Have experience of providing excellent administration support to a team or individual including diary management and organisational skillsExcellent accuracy and attention to detail Commitment to WaterAid's values of Respect, Accountability, Courage, Collaboration, Integrity and Innovation and a working style that reflects these
WaterAid benefits include:
* 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
* Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
* A generous pension plan with an employer contribution of up to 10%
* Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter.
This is one year fixed term role with possibility for extension. Salary: £22,200 with excellent benefits.
Applications will close one minute before midnight on Sunday 30 June. First round interviews will be 9 or 11 July. Second round interviews will be week commencing 15 July.
WaterAid is currently located at Durham Street, Vauxhall. However, we will be leaving our current location in the summer of 2020. The new location is to be confirmed but will be within zone 1-2 in London. The recruiting line manager will discuss this with you at the interview stage.
WaterAid is fully committed to protecting those with whom it comes into contact. WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.