Want to use your skills to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as the Philanthropy and Events Manager to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you'll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
WaterAid's Philanthropy and Trusts team manages partnerships with individual philanthropists, trusts and foundations, and has team members supporting on events, communications and prospect research. With twelve members working across different disciplines, we aim to raise £6.2M per year from philanthropists, trusts and foundations, focusing on donations over £10k per annum. This highly skilled team has delivered transformational growth over the past few years and aims to continue our innovative, ambitious work.
As the Philanthropy and Events Manager, you will manage a portfolio of existing supporters, create compelling fundraising materials tailored to a philanthropic audience, and manage our events programme to help us to end the water crisis within a generation. This role is ambitious and rewarding. If your skills and positivity match what we are looking for, we can't wait to hear from you.
This is a full-time Maternity Cover - 12 months role based in our Canary Wharf, London office (initially home-based due to restrictions).
In this role, you will implement the highest standards of donor stewardship to effectively manage a portfolio of Wateraid's most senior and influential philanthropists.
* Develop an excellent knowledge of WaterAid's work, liaise with colleagues to prepare and present high quality information such as tailored presentations and proposals for your supporters.
* Proactively build a library of content on WaterAid's programmes for the use of the Philanthropy Managers in preparation for supporter meetings, events and for supporter field visits.
* Execute WaterAid's existing event plan to support the engagement of high net worth individuals and trusts, so that they don't just give once, but keep on giving.
To be successful, you'll need:
* A proven ability to manage a successful philanthropy portfolio, achieve targets as part of a strategic plan and maximise income from existing supporters
* To have extensive experience of compelling proposal and report writing for a philanthropic audience.
* To have experience of managing the events process from start to finish, so that all events are deliver to time and budget.
Salary: £32,970 - £34,700 subject to experience with excellent benefits
WaterAid benefits include:
* 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
* Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
* We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
* Wide range of flexible and agile-working arrangements
* Season Ticket Loan
* Free annual eye tests
* Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
* Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave.
* Volunteer Day
How to Apply:
To see the full job pack, please click 'Apply'. Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter into the same document in either Word Document or PDF format.
Applications will close 23:59 on 21/04/2021. Availability for interview is required w/c 26/04/2021.
WaterAid is currently located at Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base. Due to current restrictions on office capacity the majority of our staff are working from home. All aspects of this including how we are supporting homeworking and the office transition will be discussed at the interview stage with you.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us.