Are you passionate about transformational partnerships with trusts and philanthropists? Do you want to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good?hygiene?normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as Philanthropy and Trusts Team Leader on a 12 month contract to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you'll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
You'll be an inspiring leader, who thrives on leading through complexity and finding strategic opportunities. You'll push boundaries to support a talented team to build exciting and impactful collaborations with foundations and philanthropists.
This role is perfect if you are keen to make an impact in a global organisation with significant potential, bringing with you courageous ambitions and a tenacious, solutions focused approach. The future of this role lies in connecting across our Federation members to build global, transformational philanthropic partnerships. And you'll do it all with one key goal in mind: to bring safe, clean water and toilets to communities around the world.
This role leads a team of 11 with 3 direct reports for a fixed term contract of 12 months. The team manages £6.5m worth of income from philanthropists and family trusts and foundations from the UK, Europe and with an eye on new markets.
* Empower the team and senior leaders to secure 6 and 7 figure philanthropic relationships, bringing both financial and non-financial contributions to WaterAid's mission.
* Collaborate across directorates to capitalise on opportunities for alignment and to drive change.
* Influence internal and external stakeholders and represent WaterAid at the highest levels.
To be successful, you will:
* Be an influential leader, working in collaboration to set a vision and progress important projects and ideas
* Have experience of developing and implementing substantial annual plans/budgets
* Bring experience of leading, motivating and coaching a team with diverse roles
* Bring a wealth of experience in trusts and or major gift fundraising in the £100k + range, showing a creative and strategic approach.
* Be confident in leading work with senior level stakeholders, both internally and externally, developing excellent relationships with tact and diplomacy.
* Have a passion for international development, a commitment to WaterAid's stated values and a working style that reflects these.
How to Apply:
Join us to change normal for good - apply today. To see the full job pack, please click 'Apply'. Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in a single document in either Word Document or PDF format.
Applications will close at 23.59 on 12th December 2021. First interviews will be held w/c 10th January 2022.
Salary £49,440 to £58,792 (subject to experience) with excellent benefits
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Wide range of flexible and agile-working arrangements
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free annual eye tests
- Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave
- Volunteer Day
WaterAid is located in Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base. Please be aware that this role is UK based only. WaterAid is open and supportive of flexibility. We are currently defining our approach to hybrid working. The right balance between office and home-based working should be agreed with your line manager. Your flexibility requirements and that of the role will be discussed at the interview stage with you. Some travel to the office and for donor meetings expected.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us via email.