Want to use your skills in partnership communications to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as Senior Partnership Communications Advisor to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you'll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The Senior Partnership Communications Advisor sits in the Projects and Partnerships team within the Brand and Creative Department. The team works to identify and maximise strategic communications opportunities and value for WaterAid.
You will have a good eye for brand, design, film and photography, as well as excellent storytelling skills to engage our audiences.
This is a 12-month, full time fixed term maternity cover contract. Some travel may be required. Due to current restrictions the majority of our staff are working from home.
The Senior Partnership Communications Advisor will work closely with the Water Industry Partnership and Corporate Teams to support existing fundraising and engagement activity and find new ways to involve employees and customers.
This role is key to enabling our Strategic Partnership Account Managers to build the strongest possible relationships with our supporters, bringing WaterAid's work to life and helping them to understand the impact of their support.
* Work closely with internal stakeholders notably from the Water Industry Partnership Team, the Corporate Partnership Team and the Communications Teams to lead on creative and ambitious, communications strategies to support our partners to engage their customers and employees around WaterAid's work.
* Work with Brand and Creative, Digital and Mass Engagement Teams to maximise the use of our storytelling content. Tailor big communication themes and key dates so they are relevant to the audience, and explore strategic ways to deepen engagement of our partners.
* Work closely with the Water Industry Partnership and Corporate Teams to brief in bespoke film, photo and story requests as required. This will potentially involve strategic content planning and managing overseas trips; managing photographers, film makers and translators; and carrying out a range of post-production activities after a trip.
To be successful, you'll need:
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working at a similar level, developing and implementing communications strategies which engage a range of stakeholders.
- Proven experience of developing engaging and persuasive donor communications, ideally for a corporate audience.
- Ability to generate and develop creative and innovative ideas, with a good eye for brand, design, film and photography.
- A good understanding of digital communication channels and tools and knowledge of story gathering and storytelling.
- Proven experience of coordinating communications activities and managing projects; working collaboratively across multiple stakeholders and building relationships with senior managers.
- Creative Cloud skills for support in designing comms assets
Salary: £33,300 with excellent benefits
WaterAid benefits include:
* 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
* Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
* We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
* Wide range of flexible and agile-working arrangements
* Season Ticket Loan
* Free annual eye tests
* Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
* Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave.
* Volunteer Day
How to Apply:
To see the full job pack, please click 'Apply'. Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter into the same document in either Word Document or PDF format. Applications will now close 23:59 on 31/05/2021. Availability for interview is required for the w/c 31/05/2021.
WaterAid is currently located at Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base. Due to current restrictions on office capacity the majority of our staff are working from home. All aspects of this including how we are supporting homeworking and the office transition will be discussed at the interview stage with you.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us.