Want to use your skills in monitoring and analysis to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as Supplier & Operations Officer to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you'll be joining a 2018 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The Supplier Partnerships and Operations team plays a central role in delivering an exceptional supporter experience, ensuring smooth internal and external fulfilment to maximise supporter engagement, in order to meet our ambitious targets.
As our Supplier Operations officer you will provide effective monitoring of our fundraising activity, and work collaboratively with our internal teams and external partners to deliver on new fundraising products.
In this role, you will proactively identify processes for improvement across the Supporter Experience & Operations Team as well as creating reports that demonstrate the performance of the team, our external partners, and the wider organisation in relation to our supporter experience.
* Develop and document contingency plans with support from the SP&O Manager, for any key supplier or internal processes (i.e. external response handling) to ensure risk is effectively managed.
* Assist with due diligence processes within the team, specifically focusing on our supplier partners and their data security practices.
* Support the SP&O Manager with any new or existing data projects, ensuring requirements are clear and fully documented
To be successful, you'll need:
* Experience/ sound understanding of account management, working closely with external partners or suppliers
* Proven problem solving skills with the ability to listen, understand, analyse and resolve queries of a technical nature (incl. complex queries)
* Excellent IT skills (use of Microsoft products, particularly Excel) with ability to analyse data accurately.
To see the full job pack please click ''Apply''
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter into one document in either Word Document or PDF format.
Applications will close one minute before midnight on 27 February 2020.
Availability for interviews is required on either Wednesday 4 March 2020 or Thursday 5 March 2020.
Salary: £27,800 - £29,300 with excellent benefits
WaterAid benefits include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
- Season Ticket Loan
- Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave
- Volunteer Day
WaterAid is currently located at Durham Street, Vauxhall. However, we will be leaving our current location in the summer of 2020 (likely to be June/July 2020) and moving to 20 Canada Square, Canary Wharf. Therefore, the London Office location and contract base, if you are successfully offered the role, will change. This will be discussed at the interview stage with you.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely serious. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.