Want to use your skills in data processing and exceptional attention to detail to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as Supporter Operations Assistant to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you'll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The Supplier Partnerships and Operations team plays a central role in delivering an exceptional supporter experience, ensuring smooth internal and external fulfilment to maximise supporter engagement, in order to meet our ambitious targets.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
To see the full job pack, please click 'Apply'. Please apply by submitting your CV and a Cover letter into one document in either Word Document or PDF format. Applications will close 23:59 on 17/10/2021. Availability for interviews is required w/c 25/10/2021. Due to COVID19 restrictions, we shall conduct interviews online via Teams.
In this role, you will take responsibility for postal supporter communications and donations received, to open, batch and process donations securely and process other types of communications onto the CRM system.
* Take responsibility for the accuracy of data added manually on Microsoft Dynamics CRM, ensuring the database is kept clean and up-to-date
* Responsibility for the weekly BACs income process
* Set up and amend Direct Debits and standing orders on the CRM
* Ensure WaterAid complies and maximises return from the Gift Aid Scheme, through validating Gift Aid declarations and calculating Gift Aid values and to take responsibility for the capture of sponsorship and community groups' Gift Aid
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other departments, ensuring an integrated approach, mutual learning and effective use of resources
To be successful, you'll need:
* High attention to detail, with the ability to work methodically to ensure minimal errors and to problem solve should errors arise
* Good IT skills (use of Microsoft products) with the ability to input data quickly and with a continuously high level of accuracy
* Have the ability to use initiative to find better ways of working, document and communicate ideas effectively
Salary: £22,382 with excellent benefits
- 36 days' holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Wide range of flexible and agile-working arrangement
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free annual eye tests
- Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave
- Volunteer Day
WaterAid is currently located at Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base. Due to current restrictions on office capacity the majority of our staff are working from home. All aspects of this including how we are supporting homeworking and the office transition will be discussed at the interview stage with you.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us.