Want to use your skills in HR people management to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as People Operations Lead to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you'll be joining a 2018 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The WaterAid UK People team support great people management and create a high performing environment, where everyone can be at their best selves and able to make a real and lasting contribution.
As our proactive and innovative People Operations Lead you will lead a high performing People Operations Team, to provide an operational support of the highest standard to the organisation in a pragmatic and business-focused way.
This is a Permanent, Full-Time role
In this role, you will be instrumental in providing, fit for purpose operational solutions to HR challenges to ensure that good people management, best practice and compliance is at the centre of all that we do.
* Manage, coach and build capabilities of the People Operations Team, their performance and development
* Lead the service delivery of the UK People Operations, covering areas such as payroll, reward and pension management, policy development, process improvement, HR systems, compliance, MI and reporting
* Drive the importance of data and people analytics and create a culture of data-based decision making and insight across the people team
* Manage the relationship and contracts with third party suppliers to ensure an effective, value for money service that always meet our business needs.
* Participate in other people initiatives and projects as required.
To be successful in this role, you'll need to be proactive, solution-focused and have sound generalist experience in HR operations.
You will also need:
* Proven experience of managing and coaching people in a complex and matrix environment
* Proven experience of managing in-house payroll function;
* Excellent understanding of HR policy development; and proven experience of developing and embedding HR policies, processes and procedures
* Working knowledge and experience of HR and Payroll systems, to maximise the functionality and create efficiencies
* To be able to work autonomously whilst navigating uncertainty and ambiguity: comfortable working at pace and tenacious about delivering results.
* To have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to engage, collaborate and build working relationships and partnerships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter into one document in either Word Document or PDF format. Your covering note should be no more than 1-2 pages explaining:
1. Why you want to work for WaterAid?
2. Why you are interested in this particular opportunity?
3. What your top 3 or 4 skills/experience are that you feel would add value to this role?
Application Deadline: 23:59 on 14th April 2020, however shortlisting may take place on a rolling basis.
Candidates will need to be available to attend first round interview remotely w/c 20th April
Salary: £41,200- £45,000 (depending on experience) with excellent benefits
WaterAid benefits include:
* 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
* Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
* We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
* Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
* Season Ticket Loan
* Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave.
* Volunteer Day
WaterAid is currently located at Durham Street, Vauxhall. However, we will be leaving our current location in late summer 2020 and moving to 20 Canada Square, Canary Wharf. Therefore the London Office location and contract base, if you are successfully offered the role, will change. This will be discussed at the interview stage with you.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.