Place of Work: Water Industry Partner's Offices or Home Based - depending on location in the UK
Do you want to use your skills in stewardship, events and fundraising to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as Water Industry Partnership Officer for the North, Midlands and East Anglia to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you'll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The WaterAid Water Industry Partnership team develop and support WaterAid's relationships with water companies and the wider water industry in the UK.
As our friendly and approachable Partnerships Officer you will provide excellent stewardship to volunteers in the region and help to implement Water Industry Partnerships team business plan.
We are looking for the equivalent of one full time and one part time Officers to cover the North, Midlands and East Anglia region and are flexible as to how this is divided. Base may be in one of our Water Industry Partner's regional offices or home based, depending on location. The role will require regular travel throughout the region and to our head office in London as well as attendance at events outside of normal working hours. There may also be the requirement to support colleagues outside of the region at times which may involve travel throughout the UK so you must be confident and able to travel independently.
In this role, you will support the delivery of high quality stewardship of water industry partners as well as the delivery of volunteer-led activities and events within the partner companies.
The role is a 12-month Fixed Term Contract.
* Support the delivery of campaigns
* Represent WaterAid at events and be confident speaking in public
* Maintain accurate records on WaterAid's customer relationship management system
* Track income and ensure it is allocated correctly
* Produce timely reports to partners using engaging content and case studies
To be successful, you'll need:
- Educated to A Level or equivalent experience, you will have the ability to initiate, implement and complete tasks to a high standard and with minimum supervision.
- Experience in a charity fundraising, events or customer facing role
- Endless drive, enthusiasm and ability to work under own initiative as part of a small, remote team
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal, presentation and face to face.
- Ability to work flexibly, including some evenings and weekends for fundraising events
Salary: £24,977 - £26,292 (pro-rata for part-time) with excellent benefits
WaterAid benefits include:
* 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
* Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
* We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
* Wide range of flexible and agile-working arrangements
* Season Ticket Loan
* Free annual eye tests
* Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
* Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave.
* Volunteer Day
How to Apply:
To see the full job pack, please click 'Apply'. Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter into the same document in either Word Document or PDF format.
Please indicate in your cover letter your location in the UK, where you would like to be based, and whether you are looking for full time, part time or are flexible.
Applications will close at 23.59 on 12/05/2021. Availability for interview will be w/c 17/05/2021 and 23/05/2021. First interviews will be conducted by video call.
Due to current restrictions on office capacity the majority of our staff are working from home. All aspects of this including how we are supporting homeworking and any office transition will be discussed at the interview stage with you.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us.