The Mental Health Project Officer will lead a three-year Comic Relief funded, Mental Health project across Watford, Hemel Hempstead and Borehamwood. The project supports young people with mild to moderate mental health issues through an exciting, innovative programme of sport and physical activity underpinned by therapeutic practice.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Project management and strategic leadership
- Providing high quality sport, physical activity, and therapeutic delivery in a group setting
- Managing project stakeholder, partner organisation and funding partners
- Development programme resources, building innovative content in relation to the link between mental health and physical activity
- Managing a team of delivery staff
- Working with young people with Mild to moderate mental health issues to improve their mental wellbeing
- Monitoring, evaluating and continuous improvement of service standards
You will have:
- Master’s degree in related subject (psychology)
- A sound knowledge of the common mental health issues affecting young people and their link with physical activity
- A sound an understanding of therapeutic practices utilised for individuals experiencing a mental health issue
- At least one years’ experience of working with children or young people with functional mental health problems.
- At least one years’ experience of managing or supervising team of staff or volunteers
- An ability to engage, motivate, inspire and mentor people towards achieving their goals.
- Experience and success in building relationships and working collaboratively with a range of partners.
- Experience managing a project budget
What is in it for you?
- Chance to join an award-winning charity and work alongside a high-quality delivery team, determined to use the positive power of sport, physical activity and learning for social good.
- Opportunity to benefit from a range of training and development opportunities
- Free gym usage at our two Community Centres
- Flexible working environment
- 25 days of Annual Leave entitlement plus bank holiday’s
- Great Trust pension scheme
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more wide-ranging we are, the better our work will be.
We are committed to Safeguarding children and adults at risk. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
How to apply:
Please click on the yellow 'How To Apply' button on this advert to access the full application process. Application form and Equal Opportunities form are downloable at the bottom of this advert.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.