Watts Gallery Trust is looking for a highly motivated individual who is a qualified (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) accountant with significant strategic financial experience in an organisation of the complexity and scale of Watts Gallery Trust and able to provide strategic leadership and tactical delivery.
Key responsibilities will be strategic financial management, strategic and tactical Human Resources management, the organisation’s legal, regulatory and governance framework, its tenancy portfolio, its annual audit process, its investment fund, and key relationships with its insurance, legal and human resources advisors, and to provide strategic peer-to-peer Senior Management Team (SMT) support to the Head of Operations who has portfolio responsibility for IT, Risk, Safety Management, GDPR and Safeguarding.
Key skills and experience required are
• 5 years + board level strategic experience in a broad commercial or charity financial role.
• Experience of charity accounting.
• Experience of using Sage financial accounting software.
• Strategic line management experience of the Human Resources function with a strong understanding of best practice, including building team culture and people development.
• A detailed knowledge of the financial and regulatory context for charities and companies in the UK.
• A proven track record of successful financial, budgetary and regulatory control.
• Excellent oral and written skills, able to present complex propositions in a simple and clear style.
• A clear eye for detail yet able to get to the heart of an issue and propose workable solutions and improvements.
• An inspiring manager who can motivate their colleagues, manage their performance and support their development.
• Strong negotiating skills.
• Ability to work under pressure with a good sense of humour.
• An understanding of an interest in the arts and specifically the visual arts.
• A strategic understanding of IT management, planning and oversight is desirable.
A full Job Description, including Key Competencies and Person Specification, can be downloaded along with the application forms from our website.
Watts Gallery Trust is fully committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants and value the positive impact difference has on our teams.
ABOUT WATTS GALLERY TRUST
Watts Gallery Trust (WGT) is an independent charity established in 1904 to manage the legacy of George Frederic Watts OM RA, one of the leading artists of the nineteenth century. Today, Watts Gallery Trust is an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation that oversees Watts Gallery – Artists’ Village. Consisting of Limnerslease, the former home of artists G F Watts and Mary Seton Watts, the Grade I listed Watts Cemetery Chapel, designed by Mary Watts, the Pottery Building that formerly housed the Compton Potters Arts Guild, and Watts Gallery established in 1904 as the UK’s first single artist museum, the Artists’ Village is a leading regional visitor attraction. The Trust delivers an ambitious and far-reaching engagement and learning programme in prisons, in the local community and onsite, working to deliver its founders’ Art for All ethos with some of the most vulnerable in society. It also manages the Artist’s Studio Museum Network of 157 artist’s studio museums across Europe, and the thriving Watts Gallery - Artists’ Village, which is located in Compton, outside Guildford across 18 acres of Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.