WAY is the only national charity in the UK for men and women aged 50 or under when their partner died. Founded in 1997, WAY now has more than 4,500 members throughout the UK.
We are seeking a vibrant, creative and inclusive professional who will devise and implement WAY’s Digital Marketing activities, in line with our new 5-year Strategy Plan. You will manage our social media platforms, the ongoing development of the WAY’s website and lead WAY’s digital fundraising and campaigning projects.
You will need to be hands-on, with an understanding that the role is diverse in nature, and you must be flexible to best meet the needs of the organisation and our members. If you have the passion, drive, skills and experience required, please do read on.
UK based candidates only.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing, maintaining, updating and executing the WAY Marketing Plan in line with WAY’s overall 5-year strategic plan.
- Ensuring the Marketing strategies address WAY’s key audiences; in particular existing members and the external reach to potential members, to help grow WAY’s membership and other key partners.
- Oversee the co-ordination, development maintenance and scheduling of relevant content on the WAY social channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Tick Tock etc)
- Ensure the charity branding is correctly used in all cases
- Manage and develop the Charity Google Grants account and associated advertising programmes.
- Interact and collaborate with team members and volunteers to align digital media with other marketing, communications, campaigns and fundraising activities.
- Analyse and report from Google Analytics and other relevant tools to optimise campaigns.
Website and CRM
- Oversee the day-to-day running of WAY’s website (Public and Member Areas), working closely with the Web Developer company.
- Co-ordinating the development, maintenance and scheduling of relevant content on the WAY website, working with the wider WAY team.
- Responsible for improving the usability, design, user journey and conversion of website, in conjunction with WAY’s web development agency.
- Overseeing the ongoing development of WAY’s website and CRM system by ensuring the Website Working Group (WWG) objectives and tasks are achieved and executed.
- Reviewing Google Analytics web stats to learn what is working and what needs adjusting on and ongoing basis.
- Support the work of the WAY by contributing proactively to team meetings, strategic discussions and taking on additional projects where possible and appropriate.
- Provide marketing and digital expertise on cross organisational projects as required.
- Prepare reports for the Chief Executive and Trustees when necessary.
- Empathy and compassion to young widows and understanding of the bereavement process / lived experience of bereavement
Due to the dynamic nature of the sector we work in, job descriptions are subject to review. Jobholders are expected to be flexible and may be required to undertake duties, that are not described in those above. Reviews will be undertaken when necessary, by line managers in consultation with post holders. It is necessary to be flexible due to specific deadlines or the nature of our service activity.
This is a full-time position, working 37.5 hours over any 5days in a 7day period.
The hours of work are flexible with an ongoing requirement to check Social Media out of normal office hours.’
Job-share options will be considered for this role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.