Salary: £30,764 - £40,558 annum
Application Deadline: 03 May 2021
We have an exciting new Rough Sleeper Projects launching in Camden. The project will provide coordinated and wrap around care to rough sleepers/street active individuals with substance misuse issues.
We are looking for a nurse who is self-motivated, caring, person centred and passionate about supporting people with multiple needs access healthcare.
This is a great opportunity to be involved with the set-up, and delivery of a brand-new service and finding the most effective and creative ways to engage with service users with multiple and often complex needs. You will work as part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary outreach team including the Borough Clinical Lead to offer person centred support, and engagement into treatment.
Key role responsibilities include:
- To provide clinical care within an Outreach Team setting, role modelling best practice standards.
- To deliver clinical interventions in community-based hubs.
- Work in an outreach capacity to improve physical and mental wellbeing of service users who are street active/rough sleepers.
- Improve healthcare access for rough sleepers/ at risk individuals including GP registration; wound care; BBV testing/treatment; urgent health care, including via outreach.
- To provide and supervise the delivery of high standards of nursing care to service users in accordance with up-to-date evidence based professional practice and WDP policies.
- To support service users affected by drug and alcohol use to achieve and sustain their recovery, optimising health and well-being.
- To work in partnership with hostel hospital, GP and other colleagues to provide seamless and holistic care packages for service users.
- To be a member of the multidisciplinary team providing holistic care interventions for people who are rough sleepers with substance misuse problems, providing direct, including caseload management within a community setting.
- Salary band of £30,764 - £40,558 annum
- 37.5 hours per week
The job is outreach and hub based. There are projects will be based in the borough of Camden.
Why Should You Apply?
- Exciting and innovative field
- Excellent training opportunities
- Strong performance culture
For an informal chat about the role, contact, Eleanor Lyden-Vieten, Service Development Manager. (details can be found on our website)
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the Apply button.
The closing date for applications is Monday 3rd May 2021 at 00:00am
Interviews are likely to take place via Zoom, to support social distancing.
WDP and Our Values
WDP is an innovative behaviour change charity. We facilitate long-lasting transformation in people’s lives to improve health, wellbeing and social integration. We work across the fields of substance misuse, young person’s support, employability, sexual health and inpatient services.
All staff are required to work to WDP’s four values:
- In partnership
- Strong belief in service users
- Community focused
- Diversity and Equality
- WDP are a committed equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from disabled candidates, and those form minority ethnic backgrounds.
- WDP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- All posts are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check prior to the confirmation of any job offer.