Accounting, Finance and Executive Assistant
WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE – Making doing good, doable.
WE is seeking an Accounting, Finance and Executive Assistant to join our team in the UK. The Accounting, Finance and Executive Assistant reports directly into the Head of WE Charity and will be responsible for providing junior support on executive projects and deliverables to senior members of staff. Working closely with the Head of Accounting, they will play a key role leading on day-to-day accounting tasks.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant and a highly organised individual with a professional demeanour, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to juggle various projects in a fast-paced work environment. A proactive self-starter, they will have excellent attention to detail as well as the ability to draw the big picture from raw data.
This is a varied and cross-functional role that resides primarily in the Operations department and Accounting team, but will additionally offer support to the WE Schools team and the Business and Partnership Development department, thereby providing an exciting opportunity to learn about four key business divisions of the organisation.
The successful candidate will be passionate and committed to our core beliefs within WE.
This is a full-time permanent role with an immediate start date.
The salary is £22,000 to £24,000 per annum, commensurate with experience.
This position resides within WE’s United Kingdom operation in Kennington, London.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Your Impacts and Responsibilities
Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Lead on payroll information submission and review trial data provided by our external payroll company
- Calculate pension contributions and submit data to our pension provider
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns
- Handle bank deposits as required
- Support with processing month end duties and maintain and reconcile the financial ledgers to support the Head of Accounting in the production of the monthly management accounts
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Maintain electronic and paper filing systems
- Support the Accounting department in developing and obtaining accurate financial reports and transaction data to ensure accounting records are up to date for reporting purposes
- Prepare financial analysis reports reviewing trends and relevant recommendations
- Provide confidential secretarial and administrative support for the Head of WE Charity and the wider senior leadership team
- Prepare presentation materials for external meetings and pitches for various external audiences, including board information packs (financial and programmatic)
- Support on executive communications with external stakeholders
Data Entry and Analysis
- Hold overall responsibility for database management and data entry services
- Perform data entry & logging on behalf of the Business and Partnership Development team and the WE Schools team
- Manage ongoing requests for data changes and conduct database clean up as requested
- Perform quality checks on data in our CRM application to ensure data integrity
- Provide support to the Head of WE Charity and relationship managers to update contacts and accounts in our CRM application
- Perform data analysis and summary in Excel, using a variety of formulas and functions
- Assist with producing and maintaining best practices for data entry processes and reinforce processes to ensure user experience is effective
- Use standard operating procedures for logging and tracking all data, engagements and information
Events and Logistics
- Support on partner initiatives by tracking sign-ups and registrations for events, grants and awards
- Track guestlists and pull reports for our annual celebration event, WE Day
- Assist with programme-related events throughout the year
- Support with the processing of data collected at events
Skills and Qualifications
- Fully or partially qualified accountant (i.e. ACCA, ACA, CIMA)
- 2+ years’ experience working in an accounting or bookkeeping role
- University degree educated
- Prior experience working with accounting system software, preferably QuickBooks
- Solid knowledge on accounting double entry
- Experience of tax regulations, particularly in relation to PAYE and VAT
- Excellent comprehension and ease with Microsoft Office applications, particularly PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Professional demeanor and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience communicating across external and internal audiences, including with senior level staff
- First-class organisational skills and extremely keen eye for detail with the ability to analyse and eloquently interpret raw data
- A motivated self-starter with the confidence to work both independently and within a team setting
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with challenging and rapidly shifting priorities, demonstrating the ability to multi-task and to plan and prioritise your own workload
- Outstanding work ethic and proven ability to take initiative and remain organised and solution driven
- Knowledge of charities’ statement of recommended practice (SORP)
- Understanding of and experience coordinating payroll activities
- Experience of database management, preferably Salesforce
- Employer-provided health and dental benefits and pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance (20 days annual leave + statutory holidays + office shutdown days during the holiday period between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day) + Birthdays off
- Flexible work hours if on occasion you need to start late or leave early
- Staff trip to Kenya, India or Ecuador with all costs on the ground covered by the organisation
- The opportunity to attend WE Day, our flagship event
Closing Date: 18th July 2019
Applications are reviewed as and when they are received so the post may be filled before the advertised closing date.
If invited for an interview, please note our interview process is multi-staged and will involve interviewing once with the HR and Operations Manager and have a second interview with the Head of WE Charity and the Head of Accounting.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.
If you have any access requirements, please notify us in advance and we will do all we can to accommodate you.
Unfortunately, we are unable to reimburse interview expenditure incurred.
What makes us unique…
WE is a family of organisations making doing good, doable. WE is made up of WE Charity, empowering domestic and international change, ME to WE, a social enterprise that creates socially conscious products and experiences to help support the charity, and WE Day, filling stadiums around the world with the greatest celebration of social good. WE enables young people and families to better the world—supporting 7,200+ local and global causes by volunteering millions of hours of social action, shopping daily with an impact, and raising millions of pounds that directly benefit their local communities and the world. Globally, WE teams in Asia, Africa, and Latin America have provided more than 1 million people with clean water, built 1,500 schools and schoolrooms overseas, and empowered more than 200,000 children with access to education. WE was founded more than 20 years ago by social entrepreneurs, brothers Craig and Marc Kielburger.
We sincerely thank all those who apply, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.