Partnership Development Manager
WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE – Making doing good, doable.
WE is looking for a dynamic, experienced and target driven Partnership Development Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Business and Partnership Development, with a dotted reporting line to the Virgin Atlantic Business for Good Manager, the Partnership Development Manager is responsible for managing exciting UK partnerships and will project manage complex multi-year partnership commitments including sponsorships, events, and educational programmes.
The ideal candidate should have at least three years of experience managing high profile and strategic partnerships. You are proactive, with creativity, energy and vision. Above all else, you are someone with exceptional relationship and project management skills, who can work under pressure to strict timelines.
The successful candidate will be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organisation.
This is a full-time permanent contract with an ideal start date in October 2019.
The salary is c £32,000 per annum.
This position is based within WE’s United Kingdom operation in Kennington, London, with regular travel to the Virgin Atlantic headquarters in Crawley and occasional travel to our overseas projects as required.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Your Impacts and Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver WE’s complex multi-year partnership with Virgin Atlantic with a key focus on driving societal impact through social action and partnership growth
- Identify funding opportunities and achieve long term sustainability of the partnership
- Lead across various internal functions to coordinate the delivery of our Virgin Atlantic partnership strategies and partnership objectives
- Work directly with Virgin Atlantic’s Business for Good team to execute the existing strategy and annual plan and collaborate on any new shared initiatives
- Act as the liaison between Virgin Atlantic and its partner programme schools to ensure partner expectations are met and exceeded. Review and report as appropriate
- Proactively and reactively liaise with relevant WE departments to communicate and ensure the effective and efficient delivery of all partnership objectives
- Track all partner real-time income and report internally to the Director and Head in line with finance processes (e.g. administration of all quarterly payments)
- Prepare reports and presentations for Virgin Atlantic, working with external and internal specialists and/or agencies as appropriate
- Support the Director in identifying strategies that drive long-term partner engagement
- Conduct regular market and sector reviews to ensure that best practice and innovation is built into all we do. Share learnings as appropriate
- Contribute to brand recognition and the overall success and external awareness of our partnership with Virgin Atlantic through the development and delivery of appropriate communication plans
Relationship and New Revenue Management
- As appropriate, and in line with the needs of the wider Business and Partnership Development team, be accountable for the effective delivery and ongoing evaluation of other UK partnerships and for supporting the development of new revenue management plans
- Research, identify and build an ongoing prospective pipeline of new long-term corporate and foundation partnership opportunities
- Make contact and foster relationships with prospective corporate donors and decision makers at all levels to pitch, negotiate and secure new partnership agreements
- Develop tailor-made proposals, clearly articulating the organisation’s vision and brand in a compelling manner to inspire and win new business partnerships
- Translate strategic plans into winning presentations, concepts and proposals and deliver in-person presentations with prospective sponsors to secure new partnerships
- Support on responsibilities related to partnership and new business management, including maintaining our internal database, logging partner engagement data, monitoring financial targets and other KPIs
- Act as an ambassador and advocate for WE internally and externally, representing the organisation’s values and strategic objectives in all that you do
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in account and/or relationship management, with strong relationship management and commercial skills across a variety of different stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or certification in a related field (e.g. business studies or project management)
- Significant experience of project/programme management with a specific acumen for business and partnership development
- Proven experience in sales, fundraising, sponsorships or corporate partnerships
- Excellent comprehension and ease with Microsoft Office applications, particularly PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Outstanding presentation skills and experience communicating across external and internal audiences
- Excellent leadership and proven competence in account management, both strategic and operational
- Demonstrable ability to create and implement a results-oriented strategy
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with challenging and rapidly shifting results-based targets, demonstrating the ability to plan and prioritise your own workload and that of others who support you
- Robust project management skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities within tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an acumen for diplomacy
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to navigate difficult conversations with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrable ability to translate partner values across various levels, including executive, operations and creative
- First-class organisational skills and extremely keen eye for detail
- A self-starter with confidence to work both independently and within a team setting
- Outstanding work ethic and proven ability to take initiative and remain organised and solution driven
- Positive attitude, high energy, resilient, tenacious, flexible and enthusiastic
- Demonstrable ability to deliver on complex multi-year plans, including strategic planning to achieve and exceed large partner KPIs and key objectives
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue goals and business excellence
- Sound understanding of quality assurance and impact analysis processes
- Familiarity using CRM systems; experience using Salesforce is an asset
- Sound knowledge of international development, youth empowerment and trends in corporate social responsibility, corporate philanthropy and cause marketing
- Employer-provided health, dental benefits and pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance (20 days annual leave + statutory holidays + office shutdown days during the holiday period between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day) + Birthdays off
- Flexible work hours if on occasion you need to start late or leave early
- The opportunity to attend WE Day, our flagship event
- Staff trip to Kenya, India or Ecuador with all costs on the ground covered by the organisation
- Potential opportunity to host corporate or partner trips abroad
- The opportunity to visit our headquarters in Toronto, Canada
Closing Date: Please note that applications are being monitored on an ongoing basis and the post may be filled before the advertised closing date.
Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
If invited for an interview, please note our interview process is multi-staged and will involve interviewing once with the HR department and have a second interview with the Director of Business and Partnership Development and the Head of the UK office.
Provisional Interview Dates:
First stage – week commencing 30th September
Second stage – week commencing 7th October
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we are receiving, we are not able to provide individual feedback following interviews.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.
If you have any access requirements, please notify us in advance and we will do all we can to accommodate you.
What makes us unique…
WE is a family of organisations making doing good, doable. WE is made up of WE Charity, empowering domestic and international change, ME to WE, a social enterprise that creates socially conscious products and experiences to help support the charity, and WE Day, filling stadiums around the world with the greatest celebration of social good. WE enables young people and families to better the world—supporting 7,200+ local and global causes by volunteering millions of hours of social action, shopping daily with an impact, and raising millions of pounds that directly benefit their local communities and the world. Globally, WE teams in Asia, Africa, and Latin America have provided more than 1 million people with clean water, built 1,500 schools and schoolrooms overseas, and empowered more than 200,000 children with access to education. WE was founded more than 20 years ago by social entrepreneurs, brothers Craig and Marc Kielburger.
We sincerely thank all those who apply, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.