WE Schools Manager
WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE – Making doing good, doable.
WE is seeking a WE Schools Manager to join our WE Schools department. The WE Schools team develops and implements unique programmes to engage young people in learning about social issues and taking action to support WE Charity’s sustainable community development work overseas, as well as its local programming across the UK. The WE Schools Manager will lead a team of WE Schools Programme Managers to success; ensuring the retention and growth of schools’ involvement with WE and achieving WE Villages fundraising goals to ensure the successful growth of our international development work.
The successful candidate will be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organisation.
This position is based out of WE’s UK London office.
This position reports directly to the Associate Director of WE Schools.
The salary is £30,000 per annum.
This is a full time permanent contract with a start date in August 2019.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Impacts and Responsibilities
Educational Programme Management
- Lead on the execution of the WE Schools annual plan
- Ensure an operational plan is in place to meet annual plan objectives
- Liaise and communicate with the leadership team on priorities, progress and changes in market trends
- Manage a small number of relationships with schools or stakeholders which directly relate to the work of your team
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the four different curricula used across the UK (Scottish, Welsh, English, Northern Irish), as well as an understanding of the educational landscape and the wider context in which your team is working
- Lead on teacher engagements, providing teachers with the skills, knowledge and inspiration they need to encourage their students to become socially involved in their communities and to support further engagement in the WE Schools programme
- Identify school needs in relation to the WE Schools programme and craft relevant solutions for the markets and schools your team is responsible for
- Support with the planning and execution of WE Day
Team and Performance Management
- Lead a team of WE Schools Programme Managers working with schools across the UK
- Work with individual team members to ensure they are being held accountable to their targets and responsibilities
- Cultivate a positive team culture and professional growth opportunities for individuals on your team
- Conduct performance reviews in accordance with People and Culture guidelines
- Lead on partnership activation implementation plans, ensuring a strong plan is in place to lead your team to success
- Lead on the execution of the WE Schools fundraising strategy
- Ensure the internal CRM system and all files pertaining to your team are kept up to date and are accurate
- Prepare and provide regular reports on the status of your work and your team’s work in line with KPIs and targets set
- Work on various projects as assigned by the leadership team and your direct report
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of professional experience and a strong background in the education sector
- Experience in fundraising and an understanding of the school and donor life cycle
- Line management experience with an ability to coach and lead a team to success
- Highly self-motivated, a problem solver, solution focused and a strategic thinker
- Motivated by goals and experience leading a team to achieving and surpassing targets
- Customer-focused nature with experience of building and maintaining high-profile relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate confidently with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Dependable and able to follow instructions as well as take responsibility for individual actions and honour commitments
- Proficient use of MS Office programmes and experience with database management e.g. Salesforce
- Willingness to travel periodically for work (within the UK and internationally)
- Strong knowledge of learning pedagogy and the Scottish/Welsh/English/Northern Irish curricula
- Teaching experience or school-based experience
- Understanding of the private and independent school education systems
- Understanding of active citizenship, civic engagement and a passion for social justice issues
- Employer-provided health, dental benefits, pension scheme and more!
- Generous holiday allowance (20 days annual leave + statutory holidays + office shutdown days during the holiday period between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day) + Birthdays off!
- Flexible work hours if on occasion you need to start late or leave early
- The opportunity to attend WE Day, our flagship event
Closing Date: 20th July 2019
Applications are reviewed as and when they are received so the post may be filled before the advertised closing date.
If invited for an interview, please note our interview process is multi-staged and will involve interviewing once with the HR and Operations Manager and have a second interview with the Director of WE Schools, the Head of WE Charity and the Retention and Fundraising Manager.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.
If you have any access requirements, please notify us in advance and we will do all we can to accommodate you.
Unfortunately, we are unable to reimburse interview expenditure incurred.
What makes us unique…
WE is a family of organisations making doing good, doable. WE Charity empowers domestic and international change. ME to WE is a social enterprise that creates socially conscious products and experiences to help support the charity. And WE Day fills stadiums around the world with the greatest celebration of social good. WE enables youth and families to better the world – supporting 2,500+ local and global causes by volunteering millions of hours of service, shopping daily with an impact, and raising millions of dollars that directly benefit their local communities and the world. Globally, our teams in Asia, Africa, and Latin America have provided more than 1 million people with clean water, built 1,000 schools and schoolrooms overseas, and empowered more than 200,000 children with access to education. WE was founded more than 20 years ago by social entrepreneurs, brothers Craig and Marc Kielburger.
We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.