WE Schools Programme Manager
WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE – Making doing good, doable.
WE seeks a WE Schools Programme Manager to join our WE Schools department which develops and implements unique programmes to engage young people in learning about social issues and taking action to support WE Charity’s sustainable community development work overseas, as well as its local programming across the UK. The WE Schools Programme Manager will manage a portfolio of select participating schools with responsibility for re-engaging and deepening relationships with schools, leading to greater involvement in WE initiatives, campaigns and youth social action and active citizenship. The WE Schools Programme Manager will be the key relationship manager for their portfolio of schools.
This position reports directly to the WE Schools Retention and Fundraising Manager.
The successful candidate will be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organisation.
This position resides within WE’s United Kingdom operation in London (14 Bowden Street, London, England, SE11 4DS).
The salary is £23,000 per annum.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
There is a six (6) month probationary period. Upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental.
Your Impacts (Responsibilities):
Educational Programme Management
- Engage teachers/senior leadership/staff in schools in the holistic opportunities of experiential and active citizenship for students through WE
- Serve as an advisor and liaison to schools and teachers and provide them with resources and support to implement WE fundraisers and awareness raising campaigns
- Ensure that you have a solid understanding of the curriculum of the region(s) you are working in, as well as understanding the educational landscape and the wider context in which your portfolio of schools sits
- Deliver workshops that provide teachers with the skills, knowledge and inspiration they need to positively engage their students to become socially involved in their communities
- Discuss teacher needs and craft relevant solutions for the market and schools you are responsible for
- Find engagement opportunities for partner initiatives within your portfolio, where relevant
- Support with planning and execution of WE Day, as it relates to your daily responsibilities and your assigned in-venue role
- Design and execute an annual communication plan for each teacher within your portfolio that include email, phone and Skype calls and school visits where possible
- Attend and contribute to the planning and organisation of WE conferences, events and speaking engagements, as they pertain to your portfolio of schools
- Flexibility to travel to attend special events for school and teacher meetings
- Ensure CRM system and all files pertaining to your portfolio of schools are kept up to date and are accurate
- Prepare and provide regular reports on the status of your portfolio and activities in line with KPIs and targets set
- Measure the impact of school actions across all programmes and campaigns using both quantitative and qualitative information
- Build impact stories from each school during the school year to support funder reporting and Marketing and Communications initiatives
- Work on various projects as assigned by the leadership team and your direct report
What you bring: (Skills & Qualifications)
- 5+ years of professional experience and a strong background in relationship management and/or sales
- Strong knowledge of learning pedagogy and Scottish/Welsh/English/Northern Irish curriculum
- Highly self-motivated, a problem solver, solution focused and a strategic thinker
- Sales-oriented mindset, motivated by goals and experience meeting and surpassing targets
- Customer-focused nature
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate confidently with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Dependable and able to follow instructions as well as take responsibility for individual actions and honour commitments
- Proficient use of MS Office programmes and experience with database management (preferably Salesforce)
- Experience in the education sector e.g. teaching experience or school-based experience
- Understanding of private and independent school education systems
- Understanding of active citizenship, civic engagement and a passion for social justice issues
- Willingness to travel periodically for work (within the UK and internationally)
- Employer-provided health and dental benefits
- Generous holiday allowance (20 days annual leave + statutory holidays + office shutdown days during the holiday period between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
- Birthday’s off!
- Flexible work hours if on occasion you need to start later or leave early
- The opportunity to attend WE Day, our flagship event
- Staff trip to Kenya, India and Ecuador with all costs on the ground covered by the organisation
Closing Date: Applications are reviewed as and when they are received so the post may be filled before the advertised closing date.
If invited for an interview, please note our interview process is multi-staged and will involve interviewing once with the Head of People Operations UK and have a second interview with the Director of WE Schools and with the WE Schools Fundraising and Retention Manager.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.
If you have any access requirements, please notify us in advance and we will do all we can to accommodate you.
Unfortunately, we are unable to reimburse interview expenditure incurred.
What makes us unique…
WE is a family of organisations making doing good, doable. WE Charity empowers domestic and international change. ME to WE is a social enterprise that creates socially conscious products and experiences to help support the charity. And WE Day fills stadiums around the world with the greatest celebration of social good. WE enables youth and families to better the world – supporting 2,500+ local and global causes by volunteering millions of hours of service, shopping daily with an impact, and raising millions of dollars that directly benefit their local communities and the world. Globally, our teams in Asia, Africa, and Latin America have provided more than 1 million people with clean water, built 1,000 schools and schoolrooms overseas, and empowered more than 200,000 children with access to education. WE was founded more than 20 years ago by social entrepreneurs, brothers Craig and Marc Kielburger.
We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.