Opportunity to join the executive team of a successful charity that helps more than 11,000 people annually, emotionally and financially.
GroceryAid is an Occupational Benevolent Fund helping people who work or have worked in the grocery industry and have fallen on hard times. Our Head Office is located in Berkshire and support is provided across the UK.
We are looking to recruit a senior member of our management team to this position reporting to the CEO.
This role will:
- have overall responsibility for the on-going welfare work and welfare policy of the charity
- have grant giving responsibility, with an annual spend of more than £4 million
- propose and implement GroceryAid's welfare strategy
- review existing services offered to those we help, proposing and implementing new ways to support people in the industry
- develop and lead initiatives for the charity
- represent the interests of GroceryAid on appropriate industry and charity bodies
- provide overall direction for the welfare team (11 employees and over 60 volunteers)
- establish, initiate and build on external partnerships including the GroceryAid Helpline.
You will have a strong record of success in welfare strategy and partnership development as well as grant giving expertise at a strategic and operational level.
You will have skills in managing stakeholders, staff and clients/beneficiaries.
The ideal candidate will have experience within the grocery industry.