Would you like the opportunity to work in fundraising for England’s most poetic Cathedral?
Wells Cathedral wishes to appoint a Grants and Projects Manager to join its new, friendly Development Office. The Development Office was established in 2019 and is responsible for securing funds from corporate sponsors, trusts and foundations, public bodies and individuals to support the upkeep, renewal and development of the Cathedral’s magnificent architecture and to provide resources to help the world-class choral music and outstanding education and outreach programmes thrive and grow.
Key purpose of post:
To deliver funding to support the work of the Cathedral through writing and first-class relationship management skills for Trusts, Foundations and other statutory funding bodies.
To develop and manage a growing portfolio of small, medium and large sized Charitable Trusts and Foundations, establishing and building relationships through email, telephone, written proposals, progress reports and meetings. To identify, research and cultivate new Charitable Trusts and grant givers using a variety of prospect research resources. The Development Director will work in conjunction with the post holder on all the major trusts.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience
- Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience of securing funding for capital projects and operational funding.
- Proven track record of building successful relationships with key funders.
- Proven fundraising success within another organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering income targets.
- Demonstrable experience of utilising a CRM donor management system.
- Knowledge of current charity sector trends and developments.
- Experience of working for the Church.
- Experience of working within a complex work environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of digital fundraising.
- Understanding or willingness to understand the structure and culture of the Church of England and its Cathedrals.
- Experience in Project Management.
Skills and abilities
- An ability to think both strategically and tactically about the relations between potential donors and fundraising goals and contribute to the development of long-term fundraising relationships.
- An ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritise own workload.
- Excellent personal presentation, communication and social skills, both oral and written.
- The ability to represent Wells Cathedral at all levels with multiple stakeholders including the ability to promote interest amongst prospective donors in the goals of the Cathedral.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to deliver succinct and clear communication with integrity to all audiences.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Excellent budgetary, administration and organisational skills.
- Ability to innovate.
- Excellent analytical, numeracy and literacy skills.
Work-related personal qualities
- Inspiring, proactive and professional approach.
- Ambitious and results driven.
- Commitment to producing high quality work with an attention to detail in all things.
- Comfortable working under pressure, and working in a small fast paced team.
- A diplomatic, creative and collaborative colleague with a positive outlook.
- Flexible working style.
- An empathy and enthusiasm for the role that Wells Cathedral fulfils in terms of its work and ministry, with the ability to communicate this in a highly effectively manner to supporters and prospects.
You will bring with you experience in trust fundraising – preferably in the heritage sector, along with a proven track record of drafting meaningful, successful proposals to Trusts, Foundations and Statutory funders of up to six figures.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.