Do you want to help lead a growing charity that wants to change the world?
Are you motivated by giving people purpose and eliminating poverty?
Do you like working in a team that is more like a family?
Do you align yourself with these core values?
Young visionary - Do you like to believe that anything is impossible? Do you make things happen?
Colour outside the lines - Do you like to do things in new and creative ways? Do you enjoy going against the grain of how things have always been done? Are you prepared to do what nobody else has done, to do what nobody else is doing?
Break the cycle - Are you a person of integrity in all you do, both at work and at home?
Contagious fun - Do you like to laugh, dance and enjoy life with the people closest to you and at work?
Constant growth - Are you an avid learner? Do you like to give and receive feedback? Do you get excited about helping other grow?
If you answered yes to all the above then you may be a person who would thrive working at Wellwater! We have huge plans and we would love you to make a difference in the world with us!
WellWater is a charity which is passionate about supporting people in finding purpose; a purpose that changes not only their lives, but the lives of others through projects that are sustainable and transformative. We were founded in 2018 and, since then, we have been rapidly, starting our meetings in a font room of a house to having our own offices. Not only that, we have gone from building one well in 2019 to planning a whole school structure of a building and raising over £60k by 2020. We are growing quickly and this means we need a fundraising and development manager to help us locate more resources to meet our project and administrative team demands.
Contract type: Part-time
Salary: 25 hours per week
Reports to: CEO
We are now seeking to enhance our fundraising efforts within the WellWater team by employing a part-time fundraising leader to deliver essential vision and execution on fundraising strategies. The successful candidate will be an integral part of WellWater, working closely with the CEO and Pillar Leaders to oversee and implement the charity’s vision and strategy.
- Overseeing the Fundraising pillar, which includes 10 volunteers who are on hand to help with the fundraising leaders vision and goals.
- Join the Wellwater leaders meeting to contribute to the general vision and strategy of the charity
- Plan and execute a fundraising strategy for corporates, large donors and community investment.
- Follow up with key individuals internally regarding goals and actions, and provide a clear system to track progress with the appropriate metrics;
- Research, identify and pursue appropriate grant and fundraising opportunities
This role truly requires a self-starter who is comfortable with asserting themselves and will ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner for the benefit of the charity and its senior leadership team. Candidates should be flexible and mature in their approach to working with key stakeholders, with exceptional planning, organization and administrative skills. The ideal candidate will also have the following:
- High computer literacy and flexible to adapting to new trends in time and task management software;
- Self-motivated, punctual, presentable, reliable and able to maintain confidences;
- Excellent team-worker and collaborator;
- Ability to create strong working relationships with the team;
- Knowledge of the charity/voluntary sector; and
- Experience in the charity sector, including with governance, grants and understanding of legal obligations of charities and small employers is desirable
- To raise the necessary funds for the growth and development of the charity.
- You will benefit from on-to-one coaching from WellWater’s CEO;
- You will grow your leadership skills as you will have authority to carry out key assignments within WellWater;
- You will develop your project management and execution skills
- You will play a crucial role in the development of key leaders by giving them purpose;
- You will be pivotal in the execution of our vision and the elimination of poverty in the world with the projects we undertake.