Are you looking for an active role in a thriving Church community?
ABOUT KINGS CROSS METHODIST CHURCH
Kings Cross Methodist Church is situated in the heart of London's King Cross. It is a church committed to sharing the Good News of Jesus with the local community.
King's Cross Methodist church has a long history, the church building was constructed as early as 1824 and there were many changes over the last decades. Through our Lord the mission has never changed and we celebrate bringing glory to our God; to serve the local communities and visitors at the heart of London. The Chinese ministries were established by Rev. Wong, a dedicated missionary sent from Hong Kong, with a focus on Chinese students. In 1975, our first Sunday Service in Cantonese was held. Since then, the Chinese ministries had expanded to other areas of the UK, establishing various sister churches.
ABOUT THE ROLE
KXMC is looking for either a full-time administrator or 2 part-time administrators (job sharing) for this position. The administrator(s) is to work alongside the minister and stewards/council and as part of the pastoral team. There are five main areas of work.
- To support on ensuring smooth running of Sunday Services.
- To support the treasurer with the weekly financial matters.
- To be PA to the minister.
- To support with compliance of Safeguarding and GDPR requirements.
- To support upkeeping of church website and promotion of church activities online.
The proposed rota is as follows: Full day on Sunday to count Sunday’s collections, prepare cheques and deal with expense claims etc. Monday and another day of the week to be agreed being rest days. Some flexibility will be required in certain months (e.g. year end, Christmas, Easter).
HOW TO APPLY
- There is an occupational requirement that the job-holder is a Christian under Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010.
- Please visit our website to apply for the role and to read the job description.
- Please ensure that all documents submitted to WLM are in either MS Word document or PDF format. If you are using the Pages application on an Apple device, you will need to change the document to one of these formats.
- If you are offered the role you will need an Enhanced DBS certificate.
- Closing dates for applications is midnight on Tuesday 14th December, however please apply early as the advert may close earlier.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.