About us Strides Katherine Price Hughes House (Strides KPH) is an Independent Approved Premises commissioned by the Ministry of Justice. Approved Premises (APs) contribute to the effective risk management of men released from prison by providing an enhanced level of supervision, monitoring and rehabilitation within the community.
The post requires experience of working with complex and vulnerable people and an understanding of residential setting within the Criminal Justice System.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the supervision of residents in accordance with policy and practice under the direction and guidance of managers and relevant staff where necessary. Deal with routine issues raised by residents on a day-to-day basis.
- Staff and supervise the Approved Premises during designated shifts, referring serious incidents to designated on-call Manager and adhere to the procedure of completing incident reports as necessary.
- Ensure enforcement of Approved Premises rules and deal with any breaches in accordance with procedures. Respond appropriately to abusive or aggressive behaviour.
- Demonstrate pro-social modelling skills by consistently reinforcing pro-social behaviour and attitudes and challenging anti-social behaviour and attitudes
- Liaise with Key Workers, Deputy Manager and Manager as appropriate to share issues concerning residents.
- Process information and maintain records including inputting information on the database system by recording any significant occurrences relating to residents during shift.
- Contribute to the work with substance misusers in accordance with relevant policies, practices and protocols e.g. dispensing/recording medication, drug/alcohol testing if requested by the management team
- Answering the telephone and door and deal with any callers to the Approved Premises including monitoring the work of contractors’ accordance with procedures.
- To monitor and record residents’ movements in and out of the building.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a healthy, safe and productive work environment, including familiarising and using appropriate health and safety equipment. Monitor and record Health and Safety checks and related issues.
- Create effective and maintain effective working relationships.
- To represent the Approved Premises and West London Mission in a professional and competent manner. To attend supervision and appraisal meetings as required.
- Participate in training and development activities.
- Report any maintenance or security issues in accordance with procedures.
- Conduct curfew checks, wellbeing checks, fire alarm tests, room searches, clearing of residents’ room as required and monitor CCTV equipment.
- Maintain an active presence in the AP at all times. Regularly engage with residents in a pro-social manner. Contribute towards the protection of residents, e.g. monitor in line with risk assessments.
- Support the arrangement and delivery of purposeful activities for residents within the premises and undertake effective induction of residents.
- Undertake First Aid if a resident is injured or self-harms.
- The Approved Premises managers may require such duties commensurate with the responsibilities of the post and grade as.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.