The West London Synagogue is an active, inclusive community of progressive Jews. It welcomes everyone, from everywhere around the globe, and provides varied Shabbat and festival services, formal and informal alike. WLS is deeply committed to social action. They run a drop-in for asylum seekers once a month and a night shelter for homeless people once a week, and are exploring more and more ways to work with others in our local community to provide help to the most needy. It works closely with local churches, mosques and communal organisations, promoting interfaith discussions and activities where communities can come together.
They are now looking for a Director of Finance and Operations to join their thriving community.
Reporting into the Executive Director, this role is high profile and multi-faceted within this charity. You will have overall responsibility for the Finance, IT, Marketing and Communications, Membership, Events and Fundraising teams.
As Director of Finance and Operations, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing timely and accurate information including statutory accounts, management accounts, business analysis, budgeting and forecasting, financial planning, cash and credit control management, fundraising, policies for restricted funds segregation, review and updating policies, and procedures.
- Leading the Finance & Operations function and taking responsibility for charity’s business team which includes Finance, Membership, Marketing & Communications, Events, Culture & Fundraising.
- Assisting in the development of new commercial opportunities for the charity.
- Directing all areas of IT within the charity to improve and maintain the technical offering both for staff and then for the community as a whole.
- Understanding and being proactive with changes to regulations, governance and compliance to ensure that the charity is fulfilling their regulatory and statutory requirements.
We are looking for a Director of Finance and Operations who has the following skills and experiences:
- Professionally qualified as an Accountant, ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Experience within both the commercial and the not-for-profit sectors and the experience of managing non finance departments.
- Strong Leadership and managerial skills.
- Good at relationship building, leading and influencing stakeholders and the wide community.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
We welcome you to apply for this role and look forward to receiving your details. Please click apply online and upload an updated copy of your CV.