We are looking for a part time Link Worker to work in a Primary school setting in White City. (3 days per week)
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with a passion for providing young people and families with the opportunities and relationships to enable them to flourish in life. Applicants will be highly proactive, professional, meticulous in their attention to detail and able to recognise the rigour required in reporting and data collection so as to evidence their own and other organisations’ work. WLZ Link Workers are individuals who are creative, constantly looking for new situations and solutions to improve the lives of young people and families, and who have great energy and enthusiasm for this work.
Based in a school, Link Workers work with families, WLZ colleagues, teachers and partner organisations to plan, co-ordinate and deliver a two year programme of support for children and young people. WLZ aims for every child to achieve good wellbeing, confidence and aspiration, positive relationships and improved academic achievement.
There are five key components to the Link Worker role:
- Build positive relationships with children, young people and families, developing a detailed understanding of each child on the WLZ programme
- Co-ordinate the programme of support delivered by WLZ’s partner organisations, ensuring that it complements what is on offer in the school and runs smoothly
- Create and deliver tailored interventions for individuals and small groups, responding to changing needs over the course of the programme
- Connect families to opportunities in their community by linking them to organisations, events and activities
- Support the children, young people and families to engage consistently with the programme of support so that they make progress towards positive outcomes
Applications received before 11.00pm on Sunday 15th December will be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by 11am on Monday 16th December. The interview will be held on Tuesday 17th December.
Candidates will be shortlisted and interviewed on a rolling basis, and therefore in advance of the closing date. Interested candidates are therefore advised to submit their application as soon as possible.