We are looking for a Link Worker to work in a primary/secondary school in West London.
We are looking for highly motivated individual with a passion for providing young people and families with the opportunities and relationships to enable them to flourish in life. Applicants will be highly proactive, professional, meticulous in their attention to detail and able to recognise the rigour required in reporting and data collection so as to evidence their own and other organisations’ work. WLZ Link Workers are individuals who are creative, constantly looking for new situations and solutions to improve the lives of young people and families, and who have great energy and enthusiasm for this work.
Link Workers work with families, WLZ colleagues, teachers and partner organisations to plan, co-ordinate and deliver a two year programme of support for children and young people. WLZ aims for every child to achieve good wellbeing, confidence and aspiration, positive relationships and improved academic achievement.
● Act as a trusted adult and role model in the lives of the children, young people and families
● Engage with children/young people in order to build and maintain trusted relationships
● Motivate and inspire children and young people to engage positively with additional support as part of the WLZ programme
● Accurately assess the strengths and needs for each individual on the WLZ programme informed by work with children, young people, parents and professionals
● Create robust individual support plans to meet the needs of children and young people, using a Skills Framework and SMART goals to monitor and review progress
● Deliver 1:1 and small group engagement sessions to children and young people, which support their progress towards goals, consistent with WLZ policies and procedures
● Support school classroom delivery through one to one support with certain children
● Plan and participate in a range of educational trips and visits for children and young people in the school holidays
● Maintain regular communication with parents and provide opportunities for home learning where appropriate.
● Follow WLZ’s policies and procedures in relation to safeguarding
Applications received before: 11:30pm on Sunday 23rd August 2020 will be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by 5:00pm on Tuesday 25th August 2020. Interviews to follow later that week and early the following week.
Interviews would either be Face to Face or via video call but will be in-line with the most up to date government guidance.
If you would like an informal conversation with one of our existing Link Workers please contact us and we will arrange a telephone call.
You can also apply for this position by going to West London Zone’s website.