Link Worker – Secondary Schools Based in Westminster
West London Zone is an early intervention charity. We help children and young people build the relationships and skills they need to get on track Socially, Emotionally and Academically, believing that by targeting these key areas of development, we can empower children to fulfil their potential. We call this “creating SEA change”.
Are you a proactive self-starter with the passion and drive to change the lives of children and young people? If so, the Link Worker role at West London Zone could be the role for you!
Link Workers are based in schools and work with families, teachers, other professionals and partner organisations to deliver the WLZ programme to young people over two years.
We welcome applicants from a wide range of backgrounds, such as family support work, education, early years, social work, youth and community work, mentoring, or counselling.
There are six key components to the Link Worker role:
- Build positive relationships with children, young people and families, developing a detailed understanding of each child on the WLZ programme
- Plan, manage and quality assure the programme of support delivered by WLZ’s partner organisations, ensuring that it complements what is on offer in the school, runs smoothly and supports children’s progress
- Plan and deliver tailored support programmes for individuals and small groups, responding to changing needs over the course of the programme
- Regularly engage with parents and carers and proactively connect families to opportunities in their community by listening to them and linking them to organisations, events and activities
- Support the children, young people and families to engage consistently with the programme of support so that they make progress towards positive outcomes
- Work with local services to ensure families get the additional support they need should they need it
More details about the benefits, values and roles at West London Zone are available in the job pack and the “Join the Team” page on our website.
- To apply, please complete our online application form by clicking the link below by 11:30pm on Sunday 28th November 2021.
- We expect to hold first-round interviews on Friday 3rd December 2021 and we hope to notify shortlisted candidates by Monday 29th November 2021.
- Interviews will be held in person, in line with the latest government guidance.