As an Accommodation Development Officer, you will work with the social housing provider partner to establish and maintain up to 9 units of dispersed safe accommodation in Herefordshire, ensuring the properties meet the needs of those with protected characteristics, and male victims. This role will also include managing the day to day operation and maintenance of the accommodation.
The role will involve …
- Accommodation Set Up and Management, including-
- Furnishing, managing and maintaining the establishment of up to 9 units of dispersed accommodation in Herefordshire
- Assessing new properties for suitability
- Welcoming new residents to the accommodation, completing all relevant paperwork, including health and safety information
- Providing specialist domestic abuse and practical support for service users, including:-
- Ensuring that there is access to emergency supplies for new residents or for those with few resources
- Providing information to new residents to assist them in their orientation in the local area
- Assisting residents with housing and benefit applications, and with budgeting and the management of debt, where required
- Providing specific support to residents from minority communities, applying an understanding of cultural needs and experience
- Working closely with Connexus and the Local Authority Housing Solutions team to offer suitable accommodation, which meets the needs of the client.
- Working with colleagues across all services managed/led by WMWA to ensure that users have access to the full range of support and advocacy services provided
- Working in collaboration with other agencies and community groups
- Representing WMWA and the Project in local community forums
- Enabling residents to participate in ongoing discussion about the development of WMWA services and of safe accommodation in particular, ensuring that their views continue to shape provision
- Providing support to the Refuge Team during periods of leave/sickness absence
- Some Out of Hours/Helpline Cover (for which an additional allowance is paid)
We are looking for someone who has ….
- A track record of successful housing/accommodation management
- Experience of working with vulnerable people
- Experience of working within statutory and legal frameworks associated with this area of work
- Good knowledge and understanding of domestic abuse issues; and the needs of women and children affected by it.
- Understanding of safeguarding issues.
- Knowledge of the benefits and housing benefit system.
- Good active listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to undertake cleaning duties, collecting and distributing donations and movement of furniture
- Car user essential due to the remote location of some properties
* * * * * * * * * * *
If you have relevant experience, transferable skills and a knowledge and understanding of domestic abuse issues and the needs of those affected by it, we would love to hear from you.
Applications can be made via the Company Website where further information, including the formal application form and job description/person specification, can be downloaded via th Website.
Alternatively, please submit a full CV with covering letter, It is essential that you include the following points and refer to the full job description/person specification for this role:-
- WHY YOU FEEL YOU ARE SUITED TO THIS ROLE?
- WHAT INTERESTS YOU MOST ABOUT THIS POST?
- WHY YOU WANT TO WORK FOR WEST MERCIA WOMEN’S AID?
WMWA offers on-going training to support your personal and professional development, provides regular supervision and the opportunity for you to contribute toward the development of the service. Benefits include 33 days holiday per year and an employee pension scheme.
Closing date for applications: 9.00 a.m. on Monday 9th August 2021
Interviews will be held Weeks Commencing 23rd August 2021
Please Note : this closing date should be treated as a guide. WMWA reserves the right to close the vacancy once we have sufficient applications so we would advise you to submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you.
All posts are open to women only – in accordance with The Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1. All posts are subject to Enhanced DBS checks & satisfactory references. WMWA values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the local community
Please refer to the Job description/person specification when applying.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.