Please Note: We currently have 2 Carers Support Officer vacancies. One for 30 hours, and one for 37 hours per week. The location, contract, closing date and interview dates are the same. The salary for 37 hours is £23,019.89. Please ensure you state which position you are applying for on your application form.
Westbank is a registered charity established in 1986 and became company limited by guarantee in 2007. The organisation was originally set up to provide practical and emotional support to people in the villages along the west bank of the River Exe. The organisation now works with communities and individuals across Devon.
Devon Carers is one of the largest and most successful carer’s services in the UK, providing information and support to 20,000 carers of all ages, and is the focus for the delivery of a number of services for carers of all ages across Devon. These include:
- Awareness-raising and identification of carers of all ages;
- A countywide helpline, providing easy access to information and support;
- A team of support staff facilitating drop-in sessions, carers support groups, school-based activities and time-limited one-to-one support.
Carers+ consortium members and delivery partners employ local staff to deliver the work of Devon Carers, across Devon, as part of an integrated service. As part of our support for the implementation of the Care Act in Devon we are looking to add to our team of staff undertaking carers assessments and carers support planning, by telephone and face-to-face.
Overall Job Purpose
- Arranging and undertaking Carers Assessments and Reviews of needs for unpaid carers, over 18 years of age;
- Action planning to create support plans and personal budgets to meet the assessed needs of unpaid carers, based on outcomes and eligibility following Carers Assessments;
- Delivery of targeted 1:1 support for unpaid carers associated with action/support plans with specific SMART targets;
- Work collaboratively with team members in the locality team and colleagues within the organisation as directed by the line manager to complete work to meet service delivery timescale;
- Promoting the rights and wellbeing of unpaid carers across Devon.
Please download an application form from the Westbank Community Health and Care website
We will be shortlisting on the following criteria so please use the supporting statement to evidence how you meet these.
- Has an NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care, or equivalent;
- Experience of working in Health & Social Care, or a related field;
- Experience of providing one-to-one advice or support in a similar/relevant role;
- Good knowledge/understanding of carers and their issues;
- Excellent administration, organisational and record-keeping skills, and ability to write in a clear, concise and professional manner;
- Understanding of principles of confidentiality and equal opportunities;
- Ability to work as a member of a professional team to meet shared objectives;
- Ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships with service users and professional from other agencies, and share information appropriately;
- Good keyboard and IT skills, including use of MS Officer packages;
- Ability to travel to locality offices / training and any other travel to satisfy the needs of this role.
Location: Seale Hayne, Newton Abbot & Homeworking
Contract: Fixed Term Contract until 31/03/2023
Closing date for applications: 09:00 Friday 19th March 2021
Virtual Interviews will be held: Wednesday 24th / Thursday 25th March 2021
An Enhanced DBS Check is required for this role
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.