Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) was established in 1992. It has 30 offices: Operating worldwide across Eastern Europe, Africa, the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) and Asia. With $17 million: projected revenue in 2019-2020 and 140+ staff employed around the world WFD continues to deliver impressive democracy strengthening programmes with a range of global partnerships including: DFID, FCO and Westminster Parliament.
WFD is seeking an experienced programme officer to join the Technical Advisory Unit (TAU) in our London offices.
Programme Officer Technical Advisory Unit (TAU) – London
The Programme Officer provides logistic, administrative and financial support to the Director of Programmes and the Technical Advisory Unit (TAU), currently made up of four full time experts and a one part time expert.
Reporting to the Director of Programmes, this is a varied and busy position and will provide;
- Efficient administrative and financial assistance, helping with research, business development, and elections.
- Logistic services, arranging travel (flights, hotels, visas, per diem, reconciling of receipts, coordinating with WFD’s travel agency) for the Director and the TAU team
- Support for financial reconciliations/paperwork
- Assistance with organising WFD’s special events and workshops organised by the TAU
- Additional support to other members of the regional teams and the research/monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) department as required.
We are looking for are someone with the following skills and experience;
- Significant experience providing logistic, administration and finance support to teams
- Highly organised and efficient with strong attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Flexible, proactive and able to work independently.
This is a UK based role; candidates must have eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information about the position, please download the Job Description, by clicking on the job title below;
- Programme Officer Technical Advisory Unit (TAU) – London
Closing Date: 23.55 (GMT) 27th October 2019.