Contract type: Full-time Fixed Term
Contract length: Until March 2021
Salary Range: £22,402 - £27,902
Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD has a significant portfolio of programmes in South and South East Asia and are now looking to recruit a Senior Programme Officer (SPO) to support the Asia team.
Senior Programme Officer (SPO) Asia- London
The SPO works under the guidance of the Regional Director Asia to support the delivery of WFD’s programmes in the region. They play an important and vital role within the team, providing efficient coordination, administrative and financial support, ensuring the implementation of projects and programmes meet the highest standards.
The SPO is expected to perform a variety of tasks and work in all phases of a project, from its early stages to completion, undertaking and preparing programme documents, drafting narratives and developing activity-based budgets to contribute to the preparation of new bids.
The SPO liaises with relevant overseas field staff as required, embassies in-country, grantees and other programme stakeholders, including in other countries where WFD has relationships and programmes as required.
The core skills and experience we are looking for are;
- A background in international and/or democratic development
- Understanding of the political dynamics of South and South East Asia.
- Programme development/management experience
- Ability to use project/programme management systems including monitoring and evaluation tools (e.g., Logframes)
- Highly organised and efficient with strong attention to detail
- Financial administration and compliance management experience
- Excellent spoken and written English
This is a UK based role; candidates must have eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information about the position, please download the Job Description, by clicking on the job title below;
- SPO Asia
How to Apply –
Email your CV with a cover letter telling us why you are applying and what makes you a strong candidate for the position by the closing date. Please state clearly the JOB TITLE, LOCATION and YOUR NAME in the email subject when submitting your application.
Closing Date: 23.55 (GMT) 27th August 2019.