Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is looking to recruit a Senior Programme Officer (SPO) to support the MENA team.
Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is a public body sponsored by the UK Government responsible for supporting the establishment of effective multi-party democracy in developing countries.
WFD has been active in the MENA region since 2006 and has a strong track record in both North MENA and Middle East. In the Levant
Senior Programme Officer (SPO) MENA- London
Reporting to the Regional Director MENA, SPO’s work under the guidance of the Senior Programme Manager MENA to support the delivery of WFD’s programmes in the region. They play an important and vital role within the team, providing efficient coordination, administrative and financial support, ensuring the implementation of projects and programmes meet the highest standards.
Senior Programme Officers are expected to perform a variety of tasks and work in all phases of a project, from its early stages to completion, undertake and prepare programme documents, draft narratives and develop activity-based budgets to contribute to the preparation of new bids. SPO’s will also support the field management team.
The core skills and experience we are looking for are;
- Highly organised and efficient with strong attention to detail
- Educated to degree level with at least two years’ work experience in a similar position
- A track record of developing activity-based budgets, tracking expenditure and applying value for money principles
- Good knowledge of project/programme management systems including monitoring and evaluation tools
- Experience of financial administration and management skills
- Knowledge and/or experience of working on programmes in/relating to the MENA region.
This is a UK based role; candidates must have eligibility to work in the UK.
- Civil Service pension- defined benefit: Generous employer contribution up to 27.9%
- 25 days paid annual leave and 8 public holidays
- Good work life balance - flexible working hours, ability to work from home/remotely.
- Friendly, supportive and engaging environment (working with people who are passionate about positive change and strengthening democracy around the world).
- Learning and Development – opportunities to benefit from WFD’s learning events on UK and international political systems plus relevant professional development opportunities.
For more information about the position, please download the Job Description, by clicking on the job title below;
- SPO MENA
Closing Date: 23.55 (GMT) 31st October 2019.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.