Are you passionate about improving the lives of young people? Are you a people-person, who can encourage and motivate your staff to be their very best? Are you an experienced youth worker looking for an exciting new challenge in Christian leadership? WCYP is seeking an enthusiastic, capable Project Manager to lead us forward in our vision to help the young people of Weston live life to the full!
WCYP started in 1992 as a ministry of the parish church in Weston, Southampton. The project has grown considerably in recent years and is now registered as a separate charity with two key objectives:
- promoting the personal, social and educational welfare of young people, and
- promoting the gospel of Jesus Christ among those young people.
The Project Manager will lead a team of three staff, four sessional workers and a number of volunteers while helping the trustees develop and promote the ongoing vision of the charity. The role includes:
- Developing the vision, strategy and growth of the charity
- Delivering face-to-face youth work (7-18s) in line with the charity’s objectives
- Leading, managing and developing staff and volunteers
- Networking and developing beneficial partnerships with like-minded organisations and churches
Aspects of this role mean that there is a genuine occupational requirement for the post holder to be a committed, practising Christian.
Salary: £26,718 pro rata (i.e. JNC 16 pay agreement 2018-19)
Hours: 30 hours per week
The position is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The deadline for applications to be received is March 1st 2020.
Charity No: 1173543
This role is partially funded by the National Lottery Community Fund.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.