Westonbirt is the National Arboretum and our collection of rare and beautiful trees has few rivals. Our 15,000 trees and shrubs represent around 2,500 species and include 5 national collections. We aim to inspire our visitors with an understanding of the global importance of trees both on and off site through our marketing channels, and a key part of this is through photography.
We currently have some exciting opportunities to join our small team of volunteer photographers or our vistor evaluation team.
Photography Role - What’s Involved
- Attending a wide variety of commercial and learning events, including family arts and craft events, Forest Live, coppice and woodworks open days, the ARB Show and more and taking photos of visitors having a great time attending them.
- Helping to support individual marketing campaigns by going out and finding specific photos to support communications.
- Please note that any photos taken of the arboretum or its visitors will be the property of the arboretum. We will credit you wherever possible in marketing materials, however, due to the nature of some of our social media channels this may not always be possible.
Evaluation Role - What's Involved
Our Evaluation volunteers undertake a hugely important role helping us to understand our visitors more comprehensively, find out more about the experience and the impact of our group programmes. Opportunities are available to join this small and friendly team and we would love to hear from you.
- Engaging with day visitors and Friends members to collect feedback and carry out surveys.
- Observing visitors and recording visitor journeys.
- Observing facilitated groups and engaging with participants to record data.
- Data entry within a provided data entry system.
- Transcribing qualitative content.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.