Which? is the UK's consumer champion, here to make life simpler, fairer and safer for everyone. As an organisation we're not for profit, we reinvest our profits into our charitable activities. Our impact is in key areas such as digital life, consumer rights, scams, data protection and unfair pricing. Our investigations go deep and our expert advice is completely impartial. Same goes for our product reviews – our rigorous tests and expert recommendations help consumers to make better choices.
Let us tell you about our Director of Advocacy role
We can't stress this enough that this is a pivotal leadership role for Which?, reporting directly to our CEO, Anabel.
As our Director of Advocacy, you will drive deep policy thinking that shapes the consumer landscape, setting the strategic direction for our advocacy, policy and campaigning work. Through this, you will drive forward our key impact areas (digital life, scams, consumer rights & protection and money), making life better for consumers now, and for the future.
The Director of Advocacy is supported by a great team; you will create an inspiring vision for the Advocacy function, developing a highly performing team and empowering them to tackle consumer harm in an ever increasing digital world.
Our Director of Advocacy is a high profile role - you will act as a senior ambassador representing Which? Externally to raise our profile and amplify our voice. Leveraging your network, across key decision makers, you will influence and challenge our position across government, policy makers, regulators and business to achieve key consumer outcomes.
You will also be responsible for;
- Contribute to the organisation's overall strategic direction, working cross functionally to ensure we deliver against our strategic priorities and Organisational Key Results (OKR'S)
- Ensure the work that we undertake is rigorous, evidence based, measurable, and reflective of our three key audiences (consumer, business and policy makers).
- Accountable for developing and translating our policy work through engaging external affairs and campaigns. Ensure we bring this to life with our Brand and Comms teams, to deliver positive change for consumers.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the leadership team becoming a high performing team, who can create the cultural changes that will enable Which? to have a sustainable future.
- Demonstrate inclusive leadership practices, in addition to demonstrating Which?'s values and behaviours; we care, we're rigorous, we're brave, we make it happen and we're connected.
- Establish strong relationships with our Board and Council members, and engage both groups in the work that the Advocacy & Policy teams are undertaking
Let us tell you about our culture and how we work
As people we're brave, caring, rigorous and insightful in the way we connect with each other to make change happen.
Having an inclusive environment, that is values led is key for us, so that we can work better together, ensuring we have a connected, cross functional approach to accelerate opportunities to advance our key strategic priorities.
We are really excited to recruit and welcome a new team member to the Which?. We believe that a diverse workforce helps us to understand all UK consumers. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and we are particularly keen to hear from people who are from an ethnically diverse background or people with disabilities. Everybody should be able to be part of our recruitment processes; therefore we make reasonable adjustments to accommodate our candidates.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.