- Are you excited by vanguard works of art, seminal publications and courses, beautiful gallery spaces and very good food?
- Do you have the skills and experience to grow the commercial potential of an arts charity, as it emerges from the pandemic?
- Can you optimise resources to deliver good returns on established brands, and identify opportunities to build new ones?
- Can you inspire and motivate a team to reach ambitious targets?
The Whitechapel Gallery is seeking an experienced and proactive Director of Commercial Enterprises. They will oversee a team who deliver a renowned programme of artists’ editions; a world-class publishing house; well-established bookshop and restaurant partners; venue hire; and art courses. The role will maximize commercial income from the Whitechapel Gallery’s intellectual property and brand, physical assets and franchise partners. Crucially it will also develop e-commerce. You will apply your skills and experience to deliver a successful commercial operation within a not-for-profit organisation, and to respond positively to the unique challenges and opportunities currently faced by the arts sector.
The Director Commercial Enterprises is accountable to the Managing Director, and to the Board of Whitechapel Gallery Ventures Limited.
Conditions of work
- Permanent contract: full time
- Salary: up to £45,000 depending on experience
- Hours of work: 9.30am – 5.45pm, Monday to Friday. Work outside these hours will occasionally be necessary and will be compensated with time in lieu.
- Period of notice: 3 months
Please complete the application form and equality & diversity monitoring forms, available to download from the Gallery's website, and return to recruitment email by midnight on Sunday 18 April 2021.
The Whitechapel Gallery strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Charity number: 312162 Company number: 4093862
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.