Senior Finance Officer
- Do you have the knowledge, skills and experience to provide critical support to the organisation’s finance function?
- Do you have an enthusiasm for developing financial systems and delivering efficiencies?
- Are you meticulous, committed and a good communicator?
The Whitechapel Gallery is seeking an experienced and proactive individual in the new role of Senior Finance Officer, to assume responsibility for accounting duties as a vital part of the Whitechapel Gallery’s finance function, and provide support to the Head of Finance and Managing Director in the operational financial management of the organisation.
You will have overall responsibility for managing the sales, purchase and bank ledgers for Whitechapel Gallery, and support the continuous development of systems to increase efficiencies and ensure the integrity of financial data for reporting and compliance.
Conditions of work
- Permanent contract: full time
- Salary: up to £30,000 depending on experience
- Hours of work: 9.30am – 5.45pm, Monday to Friday. Work outside of these hours will occasionally be necessary as required and will be compensated for with corresponding time in lieu.
- Period of notice: 2 months
Please complete the application form and equality & diversity monitoring forms, available to download from Whitechapel Gallery website, and return to recruitment email by midnight on Sunday 4 August 2019.
The Whitechapel Gallery strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Charity number: 312162 Company number: 4093862
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.