You will work alongside our innovative and energetic Renfrewshire Who Cares? Scotland project team and will lead and support on educating and raising awareness of care experience to Primary and Secondary School pupils and teachers through assemblies, PSE sessions and monthly drop-ins.
Education Ambassadors will help to raise awareness of care experience, work towards ending stigma and injustice that care experience people can face and be part of influencing transformational change. Would you like to share your skills and experience to help ensure young people understand the lives of care experienced young people and the challenges they can face.
What will I be doing?
- Learning about rights, legislation and policy which relates to issues faced by care experienced people
- Learning about creative methods of sharing personal experiences.
- Observing others sharing personal experiences
- Learning and supporting ways to educate Primary and Secondary school pupils on care experience to influence change
- Contributing to influencing opportunities such through leading assemblies, PSE sessions and monthly drop-ins.
- Being a positive role model
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.