We are looking for an Events Manager
Job Description and Personal Specification
Hours 35 per week
Salary £22,500 to £24,500 depending on experience
Fixed Term contract until April 2023
Reporting to: Chief Offer and working closely with our Digital Media Officer
Location: Based at our Hindley Office in Wigan with at least 50% of contracted hours there, but agile working across the Wigan Borough will be required on a regular basis
- To support the implementation of Wigan and Leigh Carers Centre programme of events and activities, as well as supporting third party events, ensuring that these promote and present Wigan and Leigh Carers Centre in a professional and compelling manner, maximising opportunities for donor cultivation & fundraising maximizing income generation.
- To deliver a selection of events to ensure that a) recruitment and income generation is maximised and b) key third party events promote and present Wigan and Leigh Carers Centre in a professional and compelling manner, maximising opportunities for donor cultivation and on-going fundraising.
- To work with the Digital Media Officer and Volunteer Coordinator to implement the stewardship matrix for event supporters, including regular communications and impact reporting.
- To work with other teams to ensure that all events are delivered with good practice events management and co-ordination.
- To support the delivery of the events strategy through delivery of high-quality events, designed to attract new and repeat service users.
- To manage the box office for all events on database system (Ticket Source) including setting up new events, logging and administering all registrants, guests and income related to events, utilising our MIS.
- To research guest information and share/signpost to other fundraising teams as appropriate e.g., corporate prospects etc.
- To assist in the research, development, and planning of potential new event opportunities, ensuring that the events programme evolves in response to new fundraising requirements, opportunities, sector trends and most importantly our service users
- To assist in the development and management of external suppliers, ensuring all suppliers work to agreed terms and conditions and to be responsible (with Finance Department) for all supplier/sub-contractor agreements and performance on managed events.
Third Party Events
- To work collaboratively with third party event organisers to ensure that WLCC maximises all fundraising and promotional opportunities whilst managing expectations of charity support and involvement in line with income levels.
- To generate interest, develop relationships and encourage existing and new stakeholders to run events in aid of WLCC to meet new income targets.
- To represent WLCC at key third party events and where appropriate speak on behalf of the charity, assist with the fundraising activities, and work with the volunteer co-ordinator to manage any volunteer support.
Event Supporter Stewardship
- To work with the Digital Media Officer and the wider Team to follow the Event Supporter stewardship plan for those supporters attending events, resulting in a communication plan detailing a schedule of stewardship activities.
- To work with the Communications and Charitable Giving teams to source content, so that we communicate the impact of support received, in a timely manner.
- To support follow up activity for prospects identified following signature and third-party events, signposting their cultivation journey through to the Head of Events and/or the Charitable Giving team as appropriate.
- To identify opportunities to engage or recruit new event supporters to existing or new events in the Willow calendar.
- To support the Digital Media Officer and the wider Team, overall financial management of events activities, budgeting, planning, controlling, and monitoring expenditure as appropriate and managing income against targets, KPI’s and provide regular revised projections as required.
- To maintain good practice in the use of database system (Raiser’s Edge), including the events module, ensuring that information is recorded accurately to allow for excellent supporter care, stewardship and accurate analysis of event performance.
- To work in close collaboration with fundraising account managers to generate auction items for both third party and Willow events.
- To keep up to date with current competitor activity, potential new opportunities for events and improved ways of managing and developing events.
- To keep up to date and comply with fundraising, data protection and other relevant legislation and codes of practice and good standards.
- To undertake any other tasks reasonably required.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree level or equivalent experience
- Proven experience of supporting several events including negotiating with external contractors and delivering to budget and within tight timeframes.
- Can demonstrate effective implementation and management of work plans, projects, and resources to ensure proactive completion of tasks.
- Proven experience of developing and managing budgets.
- Ability to work as a part of a small, flexible, and hardworking team.
- Delivering high quality supporter and donor care through ongoing contact and communication.
- Experience of working on administration within a fundraising, events, or marketing environment.
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders to meet income targets.
- Experience of working with celebrities.
- Experience of working with sponsors.
- Experience of working in the charity / fundraising sector.
- Knowledge of online booking systems such as Eventbrite / Ticketmaster
Skills and Abilities
- Confident and articulate, able to build successful, mutually beneficial relationship with internal and external audiences.
- Strong ability to prioritise tasks under pressure and solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work on several different projects simultaneously.
- Organised, pro-active self-starter, capable of taking initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, with exemplary grammar and spelling, who places high value on attention to detail.
- Good influencing and negotiation skills.
- Respect for and ability to always maintain confidentiality. Nb bc
- Self-reliant and confident IT user including internet, email, design, databases, spreadsheets, and MS Office.
- Creative thinker, able to innovate to meet audience needs.
- Experience or knowledge of Raisers Edge database.
- Sports sector knowledge.
- Positive, energetic, and able to enthuse
- Flexible and proactive problem solver
- Takes personal responsibility for and remains focused on delivering results and achieving objectives, overcoming problems and frustrations.
- Genuine commitment to the work and services of WLCC
Empathy with the cause and knowledge of issues faced by young unpaid carers and adult unpaid carers supporting people living with:
- Mental Health
- Substance Misuse
- Long Term Medical Condition i.e., MS, Epilepsy, Dementia
- End of Life Care
- Able to work irregular (unsociable) hours and weekends where necessary.
- Own car and current driving licence
We offer the following competitive benefits package:
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30
- Pension Fund
- Flexible Working policy
- 5 days paid Carers Leave
Our Vision: To support unpaid carers aged 5 upwards, who support a family member, friend or neighbour living with a disability, substance misuse, mental health, or long-term condition to access holistic wellbeing support delivered by WLCC and our funders.
Our Mission: to provide support for unpaid carers aged 5 upwards
To be a recognised centre of excellent in the provision of information, training and support, provided for carers to improve the carer’s quality of life and give all carers a voice”.
- Recognise that all carers have different needs and listen and provide what carers really want
- Treat everyone with respect, equally without prejudice and with integrity to the highest standards
- Be proactive, seek out carers, recognizing that everyone has something to offer
- Provide a welcoming friendly environment
- Encourage carer participation
Wigan and Leigh Carers Centre is an independent registered Charity (1138908) that supports unpaid carers looking after someone who lives in Wigan Borough.
Wigan and Leigh Carers Centre was established in 2010 and is a Network Partner of Carers Trust.
At the Centre we aim to support both young and adult carers to recognise their own needs, have their voices heard, help with their physical and mental wellbeing and ensure they are fully understood, valued and supported in their caring role.
WLCC is the only charity in Wigan commissioned to carry out Carers Assessment under the Care Act 2014
Please include a covering letter or supporting statement
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.