- Work with our Chief Officer, Finance Officer, Volunteer Co-ordinator, Media Officer & Training Officer to identify funding priorities.
- Identify the key strengths and selling points of WLCC
- Develop and implement a Fundraising/ Bid Writing, including campaigns and a Bid Writing Strategy
- Develop and deliver a programme of initiatives to maximise income, including regular giving, legacies, and in-memory giving
- Development of a grants & fundraising approach to resource the work of WLCC
- Lead on researching funders that might support WLCC.
- Assist with budgets and financial projections.
- Coordinate applications for funds.
- Lead and Coordinate the bid writing process for grant applications.
- Lead or support smaller grant applications.
- Provide periodic updates on fundraising results.
- Review and manage proposals and budgets for new projects.
- Build relationships with new and existing funders.
- Identify key decision-makers in grant-making bodies and ensure they are aware of our work.
- Communicate regularly with funders to ensure that they are aware of our successes.
- Work with potential major donors
- Work with senior staff to draft donor narrative and financial reports.
- Lead on donor communications and ensure the team delivers this effectively across all digital channels
Reporting & Monitoring
- Provide monthly monitoring and reporting on grant income to review and monitor budget targets.
- Ensure funds are spent appropriately and promptly.
- Ensure grant reporting and monitoring satisfies funder needs.
- Maintain and manage fundraising records.
- Draft organisational reports to high quality, on time.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to obtain case studies, as well as record and monitor results against agreed outcomes.
- Ensure project milestones and plans are delivered on time.
- Develop work plans, timetables, and deadlines to achieve deliverables.
- Review all project information to be included in donor reports.
- Lead donor-facing meetings to provide project updates when required.
- Participate actively in regular team meetings.
- Support the Team in the delivery of their work.
- Provide data for quarterly reports to the Chief Officer and Board of Trustees.
- Participate in organisational activities and events.
- Any other tasks required to ensure the smooth running of WLCC.
- Fundraising experience with grants and Charity
- Track record of achieving financial targets and budget management
- Experience in growing relationships with funders & bid writing
- Ability to identify strengths, listen to Charity’s priorities, and create funding priorities.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation that can be used to report on grants to funders.
- Ability to prioritise competing priorities, work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Commitment to the aims of WLCC
- Knowledge of the funding situation in the UK, including an understanding of the social, political, and human rights issues.
- Knowledge of the Carer Act 2014 & The families and Children’s Act 2014
- The ability to write content for a variety of media.
This document does not attempt to describe all the tasks performed. It will be open to periodic review and as a minimum will take place annually as part of the appraisal process and as a result, alterations and additions may be made.
Person Specification – Fundraiser & Bid Writer
Attributes Required (based on job requirements)
- Educated to level 5 (e.g. degree) or equivalent experience
- Minimum level 2 (e.g. GCSE) qualification in numeracy and literacy
- IT qualification or equivalent experience
- Certificate of Institute of Fundraising
- Relevant further study
Application Form Certificates
- Third sector fundraising & bid experience
- Good understanding of direct marketing principles and experience in managing direct marketing campaigns
- Experience in manipulation, interpretation, and analysis of quantitative data
- Maintaining database records
- Experience in relationship management software
- Experience in fundraising
- Experience in legacy fundraising
- Experience in using Microsoft Teams
Application Form Interview References
Skills & knowledge
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including report and creative writing
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Knowledge of the local area
- Knowledge of regulatory environment for fundraising from individuals including data protection, Gift Aid, and fundraising codes of practice and regulation
- Highly motivated; calm attitude; can demonstrate initiative; a team player who can demonstrate a positive and flexible approach along with an understanding of the charitable ethos and of working with volunteers.
- Willingness to be hands-on and ability to mix with all sections of the community.
- Highly empathetic and diplomatic when dealing with people in vulnerable and difficult situations.
- Confident and able to work to stretching financial targets, prioritising work, and meeting deadlines.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.