Supporter Service Manager
WWT (the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust) is the nation’s leading wetland conservation charity. We are pioneers in protecting wetlands for wildlife and people, both in the UK and around the world.
Almost all life depends on wetlands for water, food, or habitat. Yet a third of all wetlands have been destroyed. We are leaders in saving threatened wetland wildlife, a centre for excellence in conservation science and experts in wetland management and creation.
Supporters are at the heart of everything we do and so we are now looking for a Supporter Service Manager to deliver excellent supporter care and ensure the voice of our supporters is heard across the organisation.
- Salary of £34,671 - £36,496 per annum
- 25 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays (increasing to 30 days’ holiday with service)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Free car parking and secure bike storage areas
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all our centres
If you have customer services or financial admin team management experience gained within a charity or membership organisation, this is a prime opportunity to drive your career forwards with our vital charity.
You’ll play a pivotal role in our supporter processes, to ensure our supporter’s gifts are effectively and efficiently facilitated, helping WWT continue protecting wetlands through their support.
We also offer a supportive and forward-thinking work environment where you will be able to grow and develop professionally whilst playing your part in the support of our wetland habitats.
As the Supporter Service Manager, you will play a key role in leadership of the Supporter Services Team, ensuring excellent supporter care and stewardship is provided to all those who contribute to our organisation.
Your team sits within the Supporter Development Department and looks after our large, diverse supporter base. As the senior member of the team, you will play a role in the senior management of the overall department and will work to deliver an ambitious new strategy to improve the supporter experience, implement new supporter journeys and maximise the voluntary income.
Additionally, your role will involve:
- Streamlining team working and capitalising on new opportunities
- Line managing the Supporter Service Team Leader, Supporter Service Co-ordinator and two Supporter Service Officers
- Indirectly managing a team of six Administrators
- Overseeing the fulfilment of subscription products
- Managing a range of fundraising administration responsibilities
- Ensuring that supporter gifts are handled with care and processed efficiently
- Delivering accurate and compliant supporter records
To be considered as the Supporter Service Manager, you will need:
- Experience of managing a customer services and financial administration team in a charity or membership organisation
- Experience of direct line management including all aspects of the employee life cycle
- Experience of working with ThankQ or similar CRM databases
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of implementing process improvement measures
- Experience of resource planning, creating rotas and team schedules
- The ability to inspire, lead and motivate target driven teams
- To be educated to degree level or equivalent
A customer service and/or management qualification would be beneficial to your application. Experience of contact centre management and high-volume telephone call cover would also be an advantage, as would experience of managing suppliers.
Other organisations may call this role Supporter Engagement Manager, Supporter Service Team Manager, Supporter Manager, Supporter Care Manager, Fundraising Manager, or Fundraising Campaign Manager.
We are eager to hear from those who have held the role of Customer Service Manager, Financial Administration Manager, Accounting Manager, Customer Care Manager, or Customer Support Manager.
Webrecruit and WWT are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you think you could make an impact as our Supporter Service Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.