Department: Fundraising, Marketing & Communications
Salary: £39,000 per annum
Working pattern: 37.5 hours per week, Full Time
Location: Based at Slimbridge Wetland Centre with the opportunity for hybrid working. It is expected the role will need to attend Slimbridge 2 to 3 times a month and as required for key meetings
About the role
We are growing our public campaigning work at WWT to help achieve our strategic priorities, which include ambitious targets for developing bigger and better wetlands, encouraging more people to take direct action for these unique places, and ensuring key decision makers around the world realise the essential role wetlands play in restoring nature, combating climate change and enhancing health and wellbeing.
We’re looking for an experienced and strategic Campaigns Manager to develop our overarching communications campaign strategy and approach to help achieve our bold ambitions, including helping to inspire 1 million people to take action for wetlands.
The Campaigns Manager will plan a critical role in growing and shaping campaigns at WWT, working across the organisation to develop integrated campaign strategies and plans that will raise awareness of and grow support for wetlands, and maximise WWT’s profile and influence with key audiences.
We’re a complex organisation, running multiple conservation projects and networks in the UK and around the world, as well as our own network of wetland sites in the UK. The Campaigns Manager will not only project manage organisation-wide campaigns, in the UK and internationally, but will provide campaigning advice and grow campaigning capacity at WWT. This role will also work closely with a creative campaigns agency and the wider Communications & Campaigns team to deliver engaging and impactful campaign moments, including securing media coverage and other high profile engagement.
We are seeking an individual:
- Experienced in designing and driving integrated communications campaigns aimed at a diverse range of audiences, including consumers, supporters, policy makers and stakeholders, which deliver measurable results.
- With a track record of developing and implementing ambitious and strategic campaign plans to deliver profile raising, public engagement and behaviour change and/or action on the ground objectives.
- A strategic thinker, you will be skilled in building effective working relationships across a complex organisation and advising colleagues on communications campaigns and how to engage target audiences.
- Experienced in working in complex organisations and turning complex, scientific data and evidence into engaging communications and campaigns to inspire, engage and drive support with key target audiences.
This role is an opportunity to make a direct contribution to the conservation of wetlands and wetland species at a critical moment for the natural world. The successful candidate will have a passion for, but not necessarily a background in, environmental issues. You will have the chance to shape our new strategic direction campaigns at a really exciting time for the organisation.
We are based in Slimbridge Wetland Centre, Gloucestershire, but are happy to discuss the options for hybrid working.
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) is a wetland conservation charity that works in the UK and around the world. We’re driven by a love of nature. These amazing habitats are essential to all life, including our own. But across the world their health is under threat, and that’s damaging for wildlife, the planet, and for us.
Healthy wetlands are one of the most nature-rich habitats on earth and they help control our climate. They store carbon, prevent flooding, reduce pollution, and the livelihoods of many communities entirely depend on them.
That’s why we work directly to protect, restore and create healthy wetlands, and why we inspire and help others to do the same. We make change happen, through our conservation projects around the world and our pioneering wetland centres across the UK, where each year a million people come to engage with nature.
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Life assurance
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all our centres
Closing date: 22nd June 2022
Interview date: TBC
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website to complete your application for this position.
WWT is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered solely on merit.
Registered Charity Number England & Wales, no 1030884 and Scotland, no SC039410
No agencies please.