We’re looking for a talented person to lead on our fundraising from grants and trusts, working within a friendly, committed and professional team in Bristol. This role presents an exciting opportunity to make a highly significant contribution to the development of Wildscreen, it’s projects and outreach work.
You will continue developing strong relationships with our major funding partners, building on our track record in securing multi-year project and core funding to ensure we meet our ambitious targets. The successful candidate will enjoy finding creative and proactive ways to build relationships with new and existing funders across current and developing streams of work.
you’ll also work closely and collaboratively with our Chief Executive Officer, taking the lead on securing and increasing our income from trusts and foundations and other major sources. You will be responsible for maintaining relationships with key funders and project donors, and identifying new potential funding sources. At this important time for fundraising, we are looking to increase our income from Trusts and Foundations over the next few years. You’ll need to work across the team and have the drive to seek out and maximise a wide range of opportunities.
With a proven track record in successful grant fundraising, or similar bid-writing experience, you will support and upskill other staff in developing their project ideas into high quality funding applications. You will take responsibility for ensuring best practice at all times, including use of Full Cost Recovery in budgets and for maintaining good standards of monitoring and evaluation of funded Projects. You will be the main point of contact for all statutory, grant, trust and foundation fundraising so whilst you don’t have to have specific environmental sector fundraising experience, you do need to be able to get to grips with our key areas of work and impact, and be able to articulate this in a way that is accurate and compelling. Although primarily focused on grants fundraising, this role has the potential to grow to include wider project and partnership development.
Experience and knowledge
• At least three years’ experience in fundraising from trusts, foundations and partnerships
• Experience in developing contracts and using legal advice
• A proven network of contacts within the trusts and foundations arena
• Proven ability to prepare and co-ordinate work plans to deadline
• Experience of preparing project budgets
• Excellent oral and written communication styles
• Experience of using research techniques, particularly to acquire information about major trusts and foundations
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills, including diplomacy and sensitivity
• IT self-sufficient
• Practical enthusiasm for major gift fundraising from trusts, foundations and partnerships
• A confident communicator with proven ability to present and sell an organisation’s work
• A good networker with the ability to interact socially with a wide range of individuals from a variety of backgrounds
• A flexible and calm approach with an ability to adapt and respond to challenging situations
• A genuine interest in wildlife and photography/ film/ television and conservation
Wildscreen is an award-winning international wildlife conservation charity. Our goal is to convene the world’s best filmmakers and photographers with the most committed conservationists to create compelling stories about the natural world; that inspire the wider public to experience it, feel part of it and protect it.
We are powered by an ecosystem of projects:
- Wildscreen Festival - the internationally renowned festival that celebrates and advances the art of natural world storytelling.
- Wildscreen Exchange - a unique global hub that empowers conservation organisations by connecting them with world-leading filmmakers and photographers to create ground-breaking communications about our natural world.
- Natural History Network - a hub for the global wildlife filmmaking industry.
Diversity and Inclusion
We celebrate new perspectives and are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to attract the best and most diverse set of people and are committed to creating an environment where we embrace individual differences. If you would like any additional support or alternative arrangements during our application process which would make you more comfortable, please do get in touch.
Please send a cover letter with a CV highlighting your experience as a Trusts and Grants Fundraiser
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.